Description & Qualifications
The mission of the Ignite Design System is providing our users with a seamless experience across UKG's suite of products. Using cutting edge technology, the design system engineering team provides product teams across UKG with UI elements/assets to quickly build experiences to delight our customers.
The Ignite engineering team is looking for a principal UI/UX engineer capable of analyzing, validating and implementing all aspects of the design system. As principal engineer, you will drive the evolution of the design system using the following technologies:
- Web components
The ideal candidate will also need to act as a liaison between disciplines within the design system team and beyond. This includes (but not limited to):
- Working with UX designers to review/validate UI specifications
- Meet with product to give high level estimates on roadmap items
- Work with and product engineering teams to triage issues/use case needs
- Ability to contribute directly to product team codebase where necessary
You will need to work in an agile setting, crank out code with quality and velocity and guide other engineers in implementation decisions. To ensure success as an UI engineer, the ideal candidate should have in-depth knowledge of front-end languages, excellent visualization skills, and good project management skills. Other responsibilities include leading the team to best engineering practices and ability to work with accessibility team to ensure component library is compliant with WCAG AA standards.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or engineering
- 3+ years experience in UI/UX engineering
- Familiarity with automated testing tools and strategies
- Proficient with front-end technologies
- Strong troubleshooting and performance tuning skills
- Familiarity with popular front-end frameworks
- Good communication and leadership skills
- Knowledge of accessibility and how to implement accessible design solutions
- Good understanding of best practices of building cross browser and device independent interfaces
Here at UKG, Our Purpose Is People. UKG combines the strength and innovation of Ultimate Software and Kronos, uniting two award-winning, employee-centered cultures. Our employees are an extraordinary group of talented, energetic, and innovative people who care about more than just work. We strive to create a culture of belonging and an employee experience that empowers our people. UKG has more than 13,000 employees around the globe and is known for its inclusive workplace culture. Ready to be inspired?
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ultimate Kronos Group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive considerations for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, and any other legally protected status under federal, state, or local anti-discrimination laws.