Full-time. Competitive pay. Full benefits. Family-like environment. Room to grow. Start immediately.
Founded in 2005, we are an established, growing, web-based, electronic bill payment company based in American Fork, Utah. We provide fast, secure, and convenient on-line bill payment solutions to 700+ cities, water districts and municipalities across America. We process more than one million transactions every month. Visit www.xpressbillpay.com
The Software Development Team Lead is a skilled and experienced software developer who serves as a technical expert in the design, development, coding, testing, and debugging of software or enhancements to existing software. They also lead and coordinate a team of other software developers on assigned projects.
You serve both the administrators at the 700+ organizations we work with across the US, and the administrators’ customers, or end-users.
- Lead a team of offshore developers and participate in the development of solutions
- Manage business expectations
- Maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders
- Act as the key point of contact for the team and manage the work intake, estimation, prioritization and delivery roadmap
- Engage and ensure effective and timely delivery of deliverables and tasks
- Keep lines of communications open and communicate emerging issues, risks and progress in a timely manner with other leaders and stakeholders
- Stay abreast of business strategy, goals, objectives and operational performance and assert a leadership role
- Able to review code and mentor junior and offshore developers
- Leads the work of small group of engineers, including offshore associates
- Analyze requirements through observation, interviews and discussions with team members
- Design the technical architecture to meet project’s needs and goals
- Scale, enhance, and maintain solutions
- Troubleshoot and maintain production systems
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related degree and 7+ years of experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience in all aspects of software project delivery
- Excellent knowledge of C#, ASP.NET MVC WebAPI, Entity Framework or similar ORMs
- Strong working knowledge of common design patterns and OOA&D
- Experience with SQL/MySql databases
- Great communication skills
- Able to identify and rapidly learn new technologies
- Proficient with CSS3, as well as CSS metalanguages such as SASS and LESS
- Understanding of web performance optimization
- Experience with npm, bower, Grunt/Gulp, and related tools preferred
- Proficiency with Git and/or other source control systems
- Enjoy and thrive in an agile, fast-moving, ever-changing environment
- Willing to take on technical challenges of all shapes and sizes
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and a sense of humor
- View refactoring as a defined set of non-destructive changes and not a rewrite.
- Competitive salary, based on experience
- Full benefits
- Travel reimbursement
- Excellent health insurance with low premium
- Dental, including orthodontics
- 401(k) with up to 4% match
- Paid time off and sick days (20 days)
- Paid holidays (9 days)
- Free food and a variety of drinks in the office
HOURS AND LOCATION
Because of PCI Security Standards, this is not a remote job; you must come to work at 108 South 700 East, American Fork, Utah 84003—just across the street and southwest of Jack & Jill Bowling Lanes.
A typical workday would be Monday through Friday, with the expectation that after-hour and late shifts will be required as needed for software deployments.
If offered a job, you will be required to pass a background and drug test.
All employees are required to follow appearance and dress codes as outlined in the Employee Handbook. For example, tattoos must be covered and facial piercings, other than earrings, are not allowed.
Important! Before emailing you resume, save your resume as a PDF. If possible, please ZIP your PDF file and email it. Our internal email system may reject your resume, unless it is a PDF or zipped file.
Please do not call us or send a message via our website. Do not mail your resume nor drop off your resume at our offices. You will be contacted upon receipt of your resume.
We may do our first interviews remotely via Zoom. We do our second and subsequent interviews in person in our office.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 - $85,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
We follow CDC guidelines to provide a COVID-safe work environment. We encourage our employees and customers to receive the COVID vaccine.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- American Fork, UT 84003: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location