About the job:
CollabraSpace PRIME contract is seeking a Software Engineer 3
to serve on an agile software team performing feature updates on the system. Responsibilities include updating Java code, performing code reviews, and unit testing updates prior to release of functionality. The candidate should have a strong Java background along with familiarity with GitLab and source version control. Qualification Requirements:
- Twenty (20) years experience as a SWE in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional SWE experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- Proficiency with Java
- Experience with GitLab
- Experience with ElasticSearch or MariaDB
Location: Annapolis Junction, MD area. About us:
- Familiarity with GitLab CI/CD
- Familiarity with Lucere DB
- Experience with Sprint/SpringBoot
- Familiarity with Kanban agile approach and GitLab Issue Boards
Collaboration is the fusion of people and ideas toward a common goal; and at CollabraSpace it’s part of everything we do. It's the foundation upon which Collabraspace was created, at the core of our corporate philosophy, and even represented in our logo where different pieces of one circle work together. As a technical services and product company, Collabraspace supports the critical mission of our nation’s security through ongoing collaboration with our team members, customers, and partners.
Across our 20+ programs we provide enterprise software development solutions and real-time collaboration to both government and private industry. CollabraSpace is headquartered in Annapolis Junction, MD, close to the majority of our work and therefore, close to you.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled CollabraSpace is an equal opportunity employer. Employment policies and decisions on employment and promotion are based on merit, qualifications, performance, and business needs. The decisions and criteria governing the employment relationship with all employees are made in a nondiscriminatory manner, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state, or local statutes.
- Team. At CollabraSpace, we truly believe in the team. We’ll always do our best to find a position that makes you happy to go to work every day, support the charitable causes that are important to you, and encourage your involvement with the company by providing events for the whole family.
- Security. We offer competitive salaries but more than that, we make sure the salary we are offering you can be supported by multiple programs. Why is that important? See bullet #1; if you’re not happy we will do our best to find something that does make you happy.
- Benefits. Our comprehensive benefits package means you pay very little for a full suite of coverage.
- 100% company paid premiums for Health and Dental plans for employees and eligible dependents.
- 100% company paid Life & Disability plans.
- 401(k) & Roth plan with company contribution immediately vested.
- Annual bonus plan, spot bonuses for a job well done, and referral bonuses.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) allowing you to use your time off as you see fit.
- Formal education and training benefits.
- Transparency. You have heard it before but here you’ll truly experience it. The management team “puts it all on the table” and always has an open door.
- Training and Education. It’s part of our collaborative environment. Besides the traditional off-site training which we pay for upfront, CollabraSpace offers in-house Technical Exchanges on a range of topics presented by our own technical staff or industry partners.
- Honors. We earned the Alliance for Workplace Excellence Award for 9 years running and have been named to the Baltimore Sun’s Top 100 Workplaces 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021; an award given based on survey responses from our team members. We are consistently ranked as one of the Top IT Firms in Baltimore by the Baltimore Business Journal.
Make a life at CollabraSpace, not just a living!