Sedaro’s flagship product, Sedaro Satellite, is a cloud-based platform for designing satellites. Sedaro Satellite’s streamlined user experience, intuitive interfaces, and cutting-edge visualization tools are essential to our success.
We are looking for Software Engineers to help us continuously improve our existing platform and develop new Sedaro Satellite capabilities. Our philosophy is to invest in exceptional talent – recognizing that our engineering team is our most valuable asset. You will work with our small, agile team to develop and deploy new features to Sedaro Satellite that will be used by customers around the world to design satellite orbits, operational plans, and spacecraft hardware.
We have carefully designed our software stack to include state-of-the-art tools and libraries that you will want to work with – maximizing the quality of our product, our development efficiency, and the growth of your technical skillset.
- Unlimited paid time off
- 100% company paid medical insurance with HSA for you and your family
- 401(k) with 4% match
- Paid parental leave
- Free snacks, drinks, and regular lunches
What you will accomplish:
- Material UI
- React Hook Form
- Design and develop web application user interfaces for design capture, 2D and 3D visualization, and data analytics
- Architect efficient and reusable front-end components
- Collaborate with modeling engineers, systems architects, and back-end developers to help deliver a high-performance and user-friendly software tool
- Identify and resolve front-end bugs and performance issues
- Help to develop and implement improved software development workflows as we scale
- 0-3 years of professional experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science (or similar)
- Experience with Git, Jira, and agile software development practices
- Graphic design and UI/UX experience
- UI/UX implementation experience using efficient JSS/CSS style definitions for cross-browser compatibility
- HTML/CSS experience, including inspection and debugging via browser development tools
- Experience with consuming REST APIs for back-end service integrations
- Experience with browser APIs and optimizing front-end performance
We’re building the future of space engineering through innovative, cutting-edge software tools in the cloud. Join our growing team for a creative, challenging work experience and the opportunity to help shape the future of space technology!
- Do great things fast - We are committed to finding the ideal balance of speed and perfection in everything we create.
- Grow smart - Everything we do should be in service of our mission and in line with our values. This ensures that we grow smart - individually and as an organization.
- Be open - We should always be open to new perspectives and ideas. Maintaining an ego-free, inclusive, and creative environment will ensure that we all stay innovative and excited about our work.
- Communicate - We believe in clarity and transparency. All team members should have a clear understanding of their responsibilities and why their work is important to meeting our shared goals.
Our offices are located in the Ballston-Rosslyn urban corridor in Arlington, Virginia – just over the Potomac River from Georgetown and in close proximity to great Northern Virginia and Washington, DC neighborhoods for both young professionals and families. We are just a few blocks from the Washington and Old-Dominion Trail, I-66, and the Ballston Metro Station (on the Orange and Silver Lines), providing easy access for commuting by car, bike, or public transit. Our neighborhood includes some of the nation’s top research agencies like DARPA and the Air Force Office of Scientific Research, but also offers great restaurants, bars, apartments, and activities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to lawfully obtain access to and handle US export controlled (ITAR and/or EAR) data and/or technologies.
Sedaro Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other protected factor.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time. The position requires some light physical effort. This would require the ability to lift or move objects up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities are required by this job which includes close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.