- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- 2+ years of experience with at least one modern language such as Java, Python, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
Machine Learning (ML) has been strategic to Amazon from the early years. We are pioneers in areas such as recommendation engines, product search, eCommerce fraud detection, and large-scale optimization of fulfillment center operations.
The ML team within AWS provides opportunities to innovate in a fast-paced organization that contributes to game-changing projects and technologies that get deployed on devices and the cloud. We're looking for someone with unparalleled knowledge in current development technologies who can thrive in a heterogeneous environment of different languages and technologies. You will work very closely with engineers, designers, marketing and product managers from inception through delivery of world class applications.
As a Software Development Engineer on the team, you will own significant portions of the product and will have significant influence on our strategy by helping define and build the next wave of product features and system architecture. Machine learning systems are complex and there are huge opportunities to work at all levels. You will be a leader on the customer facing applications team that is building highly interactive applications for our customers. These collection of applications enable our customers to optimize their use of key ML services such as Amazon SageMaker Ground Truth and Amazon A2I. You'll work across sectors such as insurance, retail, finance, transportation, manufacturing, health care and life sciences, and public sector. You should be somebody who enjoys working on complex system software, is customer-centric, and is passionate about building quality software as well as achieving operational excellence.
This position may require travel of up to 10%, and can be located in Washington D.C. Metro Area
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
- Experience building tools for data scientists or developers.
- Familiarity with Frontend design concepts in order to work with UX designers, and able to clearly outline the expectations to backend SDEs
- Experience with CI/CD in a frontend context.
- Experience establishing and leveraging web analytics.
- 1+ years of experience in Machine Learning solutions.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project.
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to gather requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
- Deep hands-on technical expertise in full-stack development.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us