Dawson is a Native Hawaiian Organization 8(a) small business that brings the Spirit of Aloha to our employees. As part of the DAWSON "Ohana", you will be provided a best-in-class benefits program that strives to ensure our great people have peace of mind when it comes to health and wellness. For more information about DAWSON and our benefits programs, please visit www.dawsonohana.com.
This position supports the Department of State’s WMD Countermeasures Division and Headquartered with the WMD Program Office in Arlington, VA. This work includes supporting U.S. Embassies and facilities worldwide. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide direct clerical/administrative support.
- Provide general administrative support to the other members of the program staff.
- Serve as the point-of-contact for all traveling training teams.
- Prepare all relevant documentation for visas, passports, and credentials.
- Review and verify all expense reports from team members and invoices.
- Track all equipment issued to program employees.
- Organize and schedule domestic escape mask training classes.
- Process bi-weekly time and attendance.
- Maintain the inventory of masks issued in Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD) classes and an inventory of equipment issued to the Regional Security Officers in domestic training.
- Track the roster of first responders trained overseas and maintain various program statistics.
- This is a non-managerial/supervisory position.
- A SECRET Clearance is required.
Minimum of five years of general experience as an administrative professional.
- General knowledge of WMD concepts and equipment.
- Experience coordinating training programs, managing invites and attendee record keeping.
- Experience in overseas travel planning and arrangement.
- Experience in the use of timekeeping software to input time and attendance.
- Knowledge and experience drafting memorandums, reviewing documents.
- Experience handling and filing both classified and unclassified documents.
- Knowledge of Passport and Visa request and approval process.
- General knowledge of federal records management.
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate orally, as well as in writing.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels within the DOS is required.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of products and Adobe PDF applications.
- Possess a valid, state issued driver license.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Occasionally required to stand
- Occasionally required to walk
- Continually required to sit
- Continually required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
- Continually required to talk or hear
- While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include: Close vision; Distance vision; Color vision; Peripheral vision
DAWSON gives preference to Internal Candidates. If no internal candidate meets our qualifications, external candidates will be given consideration.
DAWSON is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/VEVRAA Federal Contractor. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.