POSITION TITLE: DATA CONVERSION TEAM LEAD
Supervised by: Conversion Services Manager
Supervises: Data Conversion Specialists
Status: Full-time, Exempt
Location: HQ in Brecksville, OH; this position can be remote / home based
The Data Conversion Team Lead (DCTL) focuses on the oversight, technical aspects, and activities required for the design, development, testing, and execution of complex processes to convert data from legacy systems into a new EMR/EHR or MediQuant’s PatientArchive product while at the same time will continue to be a contributing member of the team, logging time to billable projects and driving the team’s projects to completion.
The DCTL is a key member of the Conversion Services Team and an integral part to the delivery of MediQuant’s service offerings. They are responsible for leading the development of legacy system conversion techniques that improve migration efficiency and effectiveness. The DCTL will work independently and, in some cases, will provide oversight to Data Conversion team members. In the latter case, the DCTL is responsible for projects assigned to the team and assists the Conversion Services Manager to ensure the departmental objectives are being met, including day-to-day project priorities, appropriate issue escalation, schedule and resource management, process improvement and project schedule adherence.JOB DUTIES and ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS.
A qualified individual must be able to perform these essential functions of the job as listed, with or without accommodation. (An asterisk (*) identifies an essential function).
- Provide mentorship, management, and leadership to team of Data Conversion Specialists. (*)
- Contributes to standardization, documentation and training of best practices and process methodologies for converting data into PatientArchive through the collaborative execution of project work with fellow team members.
- Provides personnel feedback to Conversion Services Manager.
- Participates in recruiting process and training team members.
- Ensures that the team’s project tasks are completed on time and in scope.
- Ensures all team members are recording time to the project tasks they are assigned to, updating task % complete and providing status updates.
- Approves DC team members timesheet on a weekly basis ensuring consistency in team expectations of project and general time categories.
- Completes annual performance reviews on team members and reviews with Conversion Services Manager.
- Mentors, and supports development of team to be productive and effective contributors.
- Conducts regular team meetings according to stated expectations with prepared agenda and a defined meeting purpose.
- Conducts regular 1:1 meetings for all team members according to expectations as defined; frequency will be based on each employee’s tenure. The purpose of these meetings is to establish personal connections, act as a project/technical reference, and create/manage employee’s professional development goals.
- Coaches team in other non-technical areas including improving communication, anticipating and mitigating risks, navigating ambiguous situations, etc.
- Assists with the preparation and delivery of client-facing materials and presentations as needed once trained.
- Contributes to the planning and oversight of team members in areas of ETL and Data Analysis for PatientArchive and Data Conversion Projects - demonstrates technical expertise and proficiency within their assigned area or responsibility. (*)
- Ability to provide technical guidance and support to other team members for PatientArchive and Conversion processes.
- Prepares and provides guidance on projects for team and incorporates process and/or updates into the normal process flow.
- Ability to effectively communicate connectivity and access needs required for projects and work with client IT teams to setup and confirm access required for team members.
- Develop and evaluate tools and processes to improve efficiencies and quality.
- Develops new processes end to end and educate team members on new processes for adoption by the team.
- Ability to perform all duties of a Level I and II Data Conversion Specialists or greater.
- Troubleshooting and Problem Solving - uses critical thinking skills to Identify problems and proactively intervene to mitigate negative impacts to projects. (*)
- Provides oversight and management to other team members on solving problems and keeping projects moving.
- Proactively identifies risks and provides guidance to team members to ensure successful project completion.
- Report and assist the team in resolving issues or problems.
- High attention to detail to ensure high quality work output produced is of high quality.
- Applies technical knowledge and seeks to fully understand the client’s expectations by asking questions.
- Able to work collaboratively with other teams to innovate and find solutions to complex issues.
- Provide documentation for issues and “lessons learned” to avoid repeating.
- Ability to handle issue triage and resolution for team projects and post Go-Live related issues entered by customers via MQ help desk.
- Documentation and Continuous Improvement - uses critical thinking skills to identify problems. (*)
- Participates in cross-collaboration teams for process improvement initiatives.
- Generate ideas for improving project execution.
- Creates documentation to ensure repeatable consistent processes.
- Document process know-how and create standard operating procedures.
- Leads/oversees process improvement initiatives.
- Organization and Time Management - handles multiple projects and tasks and prioritizes identified deadlines to ensure timely delivery of work product. (*)
- Identifies and utilizes all resources available when priorities conflict or when external challenges are lining up against the deadline. Must be able to clearly communicate the issues to the Project Manager and tenacious in finding resolution.
- Handles a fluctuating workload and can prioritize during times of peak demand and conflicting priorities. Knows when to seek assistance to ensure deadlines are met and quality is delivered.
- Self-starter with initiative and ability to work independently and with a team.
- Completes daily time entry against assigned projects for tracking and reviews and approves DC team members timesheet on a weekly basis ensuring consistency in team expectations of project and general time categories.
- Attributes 70% of available time to billable initiatives for named clients, making sure that time is properly allocated on their timesheet.
- Communications - understands the importance of effective internal and external communications to ensure project success. (*)
- Provides project status updates to client stakeholders, MQ Project Team and MQ Management.
- Seeks to fully understand the client’s requirements and expectations by asking questions.
Required Education and Experience
- Customer/Client Focus
- Conflict Management
- Technical Capability
- Critical Thinking
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Communication Proficiency
- Continuous Improvement Mindset
- Time Management
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s or Masters’ Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering
- 3+ years of related experience
- Strong Microsoft SQL Server T-SQL knowledge and experience
- Database management, data analysis, data science experience
- Above average written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate complex ideas to various teams and levels
- Excellent organizational and documentation skills
- 1- 3 years’ experience in Healthcare IT or clinical environments
- Working knowledge of various hospital legacy application platforms and associated workflow
- Software development experience creating data manipulations programs (i.e. C#, Python, etc.)
- 1-3 years of ETL experience in a healthcare environment
- Ability to discern and clearly understand client's needs through effective communication and interaction
- Ability to solve problems using logical thought processes and devising creative solutions.
- High attention to accuracy and detail
- Ability and desire to work in a strong team culture
- Knowledge with HIPAA regulations involving PHI and HITECH.
The Data Conversion Team Lead role supervises a team of Data Conversion specialists and serves as a coach and mentor for their team members.Work Environment.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, printers, and photocopiers.Physical Demands.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, with or without accommodation.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, must be able to stand, walk, occasionally kneel, stoop or crouch; use hands to key information, touch, feel and type. Must be able to communicate effectively, including hearing, listening, seeing, and speaking clearly.
Must be able to analyze, memorize, problem solve, read and perform simple to complex math. May frequently lift 10 lbs.Position Type and Expected Hours of Work.
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are typically Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during the “core” work hours of 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. and must work a minimum of 40 hours each week to maintain full-time status. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.Work Authorization/Security Clearance.
In compliance with Federal employment laws, MediQuant will verify the identity and employment authorization of each person hired.AAP/EEO Statement.
MediQuant, Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer.Compliance.
Employee shall comply with all MediQuant policies, state and federal laws, regulations, and contractual obligations when accessing MediQuant or client Confidential Data, Confidential Information, and Information Assets.Other Duties.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.Travel.
Little to no travel is expected for this position, however, the DCTL may be required to travel to company meetings and/or professional development opportunities.
Job Type: Full-time