Do you want to work at the forefront of advanced technology and solve complex data challenges? You know that data yields pivotal insights when it’s gathered from disparate sources and organized. As a data engineer, you have the chance to develop and deploy the pipelines and platforms that make this data meaningful. What’s more, you’ll have the chance to grow Booz Allen’s DataOps capabilities while working with a multi-disciplinary team of analysts, data engineers, data scientists, developers, and data consumers in a fast-paced, agile environment. We’re looking for someone like you to ensure our clients meet their mission by changing the face of public health.
This is an opportunity to support data engineering activities on some of the most mission-driven projects in the industry. Driving syndromic surveillance efforts, you’ll have the chance to design, develop, test, and implement ETL pipelines, build data models, interface with data stores, and perform data ingestion. From performing analytical exploration and examination of data to leading the assessment, design, building, and maintenance of scalable platforms, you’ll guide your clients to solve their most pressing challenges. This position is open to remote delivery anywhere within the U.S., to include the District of Columbia.
Ready to drive innovation using cutting-edge data tools and techniques?
Join us. The world can’t wait. You Have:
Nice If You Have:
- Experience designing and delivering data engineering solutions with Databricks or Spark
- Experience with pipeline or process-based systems and pipeline automation
- Experience solutioning Azure Cloud based enterprise data architectures
- Experience with PySpark or Python development
- Experience with SQL
- Experience with Information Architecture and architecting and building data repositories, including data lakes, data marts, or data warehouses
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust or Suitability/Fitness determination based on client requirements
- HS diploma or GED
- Experience with analytics and visualization tools, including Power BI, Tableau, or RShiny
- Experience with Data Governance, Data Catalog and Enterprise Information Management
- Experience with Azure Data Explorer and Spark SQL
- Knowledge of CI/CD
- Bachelor's degree
- Databricks Certification
Applicants selected will be subject to a government investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements of the U.S. government client.
At Booz Allen, we celebrate your contributions, provide you with opportunities and choice, and support your total well-being. Our comprehensive benefit offerings include healthcare, retirement plan, insurance programs, commuter program, employee assistance program, paid and unpaid leave programs, education assistance, and childcare benefits.
Final salary will be determined based on various factors. The proposed salary range for this position in Colorado is 100,000 to 130,000. Build Your Career:
At Booz Allen, we know the power of analytics and we’re dedicated to helping you grow as a data analysis professional. When you join Booz Allen, you’ll have the chance to:
- access online and onsite training in data analysis and presentation methodologies, and tools like Hortonworks, Docker, Tableau, and Splunk
- change the world with the Data Science Bowl—the world’s premier data science for social good competition
- participate in partnerships with data science leaders, like our partnership with NVIDIA to deliver Deep Learning Institute (DLI) training to the federal government
You’ll have access to a wealth of training resources through our Analytics University, an online learning portal specifically geared towards data science and analytics skills, where you can access more than 5000 functional and technical courses, certifications, and books. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and state-of-the-art tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications that directly impact your role? You may be able to take advantage of our tuition assistance, on-site bootcamps, certification training, academic programs, vendor relationships, and a network of professionals who can give you helpful tips. We’ll help you develop the career you want as you chart your own course for success.
We’re an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer that empowers our people to fearlessly drive change – no matter their race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, military or uniformed service member status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, local, or international law.