Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
- Design, implement and evolve highly scalable and fault-tolerant distributed components using functional programming paradigm
- Contribute to efficient development process pipeline by leveraging best-in-class CI/CD tools
- Develop automation tools and framework for validating highly available, fault tolerant, scalable, low latency, distributed payments transaction processing systems
- Ensure proper metrics instrumentation in software components, to help facilitate real time and remote troubleshooting/performance monitoring
- Collaborate with the multiple teams across Development, Operations & Infrastructure, and Product to analyze and debug issues related to build, deployment, and infrastructure. Support cross-functional teams in integrated test efforts.
- Ensuring proper documentation and internal publishing of design tradeoffs, code best practices and lessons learned.
- Support in triaging and troubleshooting of highly distributed services in the production environment.
- Responsible for the stability and high availability of lower environments.
- Championing & driving application, infrastructure & enterprise security efforts, certificate management etc.
5 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
6 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 4 or more years of relevant experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or up to 3 years of relevant experience with a PhD
- Knowledge of functional programming languages like GoLang, Scala, Erlang, Haskell, Clojure, or the ability to learn them quickly
- Experience with distributed database, distributed computing and high frequency transactions is a big plus
- Working familiarity with the entire software development lifecycle including version control, build process, testing, and code release
- Experience with configuration automation tools (Puppet/Ansible/Chef/Salt)
- Hands-on experience with Docker, Kubernetes.
- Hands-on experience in Splunk, Sysdig, Elasticsearch, Prometheus, Grafana etc. is a big plus.
- Experience with operating system internals, file systems, disk/storage and networking protocols
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Previous experience with financial services or payments processing domain is a big plus
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law. Work Hours:
Varies upon the needs of the department. Travel Requirements:
This position requires travel 5-10% of the time. Mental/Physical Requirements:
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.