Requisition ID: R10045568
Location: Aurora, Colorado, United States of America
Citizenship Required: United States Citizenship
Clearance Type: SCI
Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
Positions Available: 1
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
The Payload and Ground Systems
organization within the Northrop Grumman Space Systems
pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
We are seeking an experienced Staff Software Engineer
on the Rushmore Program to perform maintenance, integration, and development of a complex software system. This position will be based at Buckley AFB Aurora, Colorado. What you will get to do:
- Perform maintenance and sustainment engineering for existing baselines and tools.
- Delivery coordination with the software factory engineers.
- Coordinate and perform large scale software builds and deployments.
- Perform troubleshooting, problem solving, and system integration.
- Become a subject matter expert on the intricacies of a complex system while mentoring
- more junior software engineers.
- Lead critical projects while coordinating with customers, multiple sites, and teammates.
- Develop and maintain software using Perl and TCL as well as Python, Java, and C++.
- Work with a small team that is highly energized and has a significant software.
- maintenance and development effort on a growing program with a large program impact.
- Perform testing of new software builds at the unit and system level.
- Perform checkout of new software builds delivered form factory to ensure discrepancy
- report (DR) fixes are valid.
- Bachelor's and 14 years of exp; or Master's and 12 years of exp; or PhD and 9 years of exp. 4 additional years of experience in lieu of a degree.
- Expert level experience with software maintenance and sustainment.
- Software deployment and coordination experience with the ability to support external partners during the installation and build process.
- Experience working in a Linux environment
- Ability to work occasional 12-hour shifts, 5:30am to 5:30pm in support of mission requirements.
- Willing to perform on-call duties on an as needed basis.
- Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment experience
- Uses advanced technical principles and concepts to determine unique and creative solutions.
- Experience with Perl, TCL, Python Java and C++ software development.
- Troubleshooting skills and ability to use software debuggers
- Work is performed without requiring large amounts of supervision or oversight.
- Knowledge of object-oriented design and of database administration (Postgresql or Oracle)
- Experience with Version Control Software Git
- Experience with working in Virtualized Environments (VMs)
- Experience with Atlassian tools (JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket)
- Able to communicate effectively and clearly present technical approaches and findings.
- 14 Years with bachelor’s in science; 12 Years with Masters; 9 Years with PhD.
- Active Top Secret/SCI clearance and willing to submit to a Polygraph
Salary Range: $149,000 USD - $223,400 USD
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.