*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
Austin FC joined Major League Soccer (MLS) as the league’s 27th club in January 2019. In June 2021, Austin FC began play in the new, 100% privately financed, $260 million, state-of-the-art Q2 Stadium.
Austin FC is seeking a driven and motivated Coordinator, Media and Communications who will work in the Austin FC marketing team and support the Club’s earned media activities. The successful candidate will assist the Vice President, Media and Communications and fellow Communications Coordinator with all media operations, including the matchday operations, the creation of match notes, press box management, press conference, press release development and distribution, the evaluation of media coverage, and the facilitation of media interviews and media-related needs across a variety of Club and Q2 Stadium platforms.
This unique role to help build a major league property and establish the core identity of a major league brand a once-in-a-lifetime and career-defining opportunity. The position is based in Austin, TX. Austin has continuously been selected by U.S. News and World Report as a top city to live in the last six years, while Forbes placed it at the top of its “Cities of the Future” list.
**Are You Someone That:
- Is passionate about Austin?
- Wants to grow the sport of soccer?
- Works well within in a collaborative, team-driven, and goal-based environment?
- Takes pride in maintaining the highest level of confidentiality and discretion?
- Manage matchday media operations for all home Austin FC matches at Q2 stadium and other Q2 Stadium matches, including credentialing, press box management, post-match press conference set-up, the creation of game notes, and other duties as required; and
- Manage mid-week media operations duties as required including providing technical support for mid-week press conferences as well as player-related media requests; and
- Build relationships with journalists, producers, and broadcasters across multiple industry sectors (primarily sport, news, business and culture) in Austin, the U.S. and internationally; and
- Work with all internal and external stakeholders to assist the drafting and distribution of media releases and other copy; and
- Review the performance of Austin FC earned media and content, and recommend improvements based on monitoring data and audience sentiment in an ongoing basis; and
- Assist with the fulfillment of media and promotional needs during all Austin FC matches, a variety of special events at Q2 Stadium, and Club/Stadium-themed press conferences and special events.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience dealing with sports media preferred
- High emotional intelligence, and the ability to work collaboratively both in and outside of the Austin FC Communications and Media team
- Ability to develop and distribute world-class earned media content, while managing relationships with print, digital and broadcast media personalities
- Ability to think creatively, using inspiration inside and outside the soccer world
- Capacity to build and maintain relationships with media in local, national and international markets
- Strong written content skills, researching and writing website news articles
- English language proficiency (Spanish language skills preferred)
- An outstanding work ethic and attention to detail
- Ability to travel internationally
- It is the policy of Austin FC not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- All selected candidates are subject to passing a background check prior to employment.
- Hours are variable and will include early mornings, evenings, weekends and some holidays in addition to the traditional Monday through Friday hours.
Job Type: Full-time