The work we do every day matters. From modernizing the grid and ensuring safe, reliable water delivery to creating smarter cities, you can make an impact with Itron.
Itron is looking for a Senior Test Engineer to extend our toolset for network performance and scalability testing. In this role, you will use your software engineering and hardware skills to design, develop and test tools and applications for simulating large IOT networks, developing/managing tests for these tools and helping deliver them to internal and external customers. Itron delivers hardware and software solutions for customers running IOT networks with millions of endpoints and our network simulation feature testing are critical for ensuring that our solutions scale and perform.
Desired Skills: Travel:
- Experience designing and developing object-oriented systems in C++, C# and .NET
- Experience with scripting languages such as Perl/Ruby (used for automated testing)
- Experience with relational databases: Oracle & SQL server
- Multithreaded application development including asynchronous programming patterns
- Experience with SOAP and REST to build APIs
- IPv6/IPv4 network setup and trouble shooting skills
- Previous experience developing highly scalable backend applications
- Comfortable in a Linux environment
- Working knowledge of version control systems (ideally Git)
- Understanding of build systems: Jenkins and Azure DevOps(ADS)
- Strong documentation skills: Design and Functional Specifications
- Worked with cloud-based infrastructure (Virtual Machines, PaaS services) in either Azure, AWS or Google Cloud
- Scale Testing
- Micro services and containers: Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- Familiarity with Agile concepts (sprints, backlog)
- Experience and interest in working with IOT-related concepts: device modelling, protocols, networks
- Metering experience
1-10% Physical Demands:
This is a typical office job, with no special physical requirements or unusual work environment.
Itron is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, citizenship, sex (including gender identity, gender expression and pregnancy), sexual orientation, age, national origin, military or veteran status, political preference, marital status, mental or physical disability including medical condition), genetic information or other status protected by law. If you require an accommodation in order to apply to this position, please contact your local recruiting representative at 1-800-635-5461
or email [email protected]
Itron enables utilities and cities to safely, securely and reliably deliver critical infrastructure services to communities in more than 100 countries. Our portfolio of smart networks, software, services, meters and sensors helps our customers better manage electricity, gas and water resources for the people they serve. By working with our customers to ensure their success, we help improve the quality of life, ensure the safety and promote the well-being of millions of people around the globe. Itron is dedicated to creating a more resourceful world. Join us: www.itron.com.