Director of Memory CareWhen you work at a Rose Community you have a front-row seat to the amazing life stories of the wisest people on earth. What’s more, you are part of an extraordinary company – one that’s investing in the future of senior living by investing in you. Don’t just do a job. Be part of an extraordinary life!
We are currently seeking an outstanding Director of Memory Care to join the team at Rose Senior Living Avon!
The Director of Memory Care is responsible for the planning, coordinating and directing of a wide and varied scope of activities and programming which meet the spiritual, emotional, intellectual, vocational, social, physical and environmental needs of the residents. The development of the programming must meet the requirements of the LCS branded programs.
This person is a key member of the Community’s management team adhering to Company policy and procedures and upholding the Community’s mission, philosophy, values and the Company’s vision, principles and Hospitality Promises. Some of this position’s responsibilities are:
· Leads all efforts in memory care programming, consistent with Heartfelt Connections, memory care programing to include promoting a healthy community culture for all residents and employees.
· Provide individual and group educational opportunities for residents and staff in the area of disease prevention and management in the holistic spirit of the Lifestyle and Health Services Wellness Program.
· Interview, select, train, supervise and evaluate neighborhood staff members.
· Coordinates and provides recreation activities: current events, discussion groups, re-motivation therapy, sensory stimulation, cultural activities, religious services, special entertainment, out trips, special events, and one-on-one visits, as indicated.
· Coordinate family involvement in activities and special events.
· Prepares and maintains pertinent medical records, reports, and schedules in accordance with state regulations as well as documentation of residents’ progress and responses to the programs.
· Ensure necessary supplies and resources are on-hand for each program. Purchases and inventories supplies and equipment. Inspects recreation equipment to determine repair and maintenance needs and cleanliness.
· Directs volunteer activities, enlists their support and coordinates their efforts; provides orientation, training and supervision of volunteers.
Many roles in the community may require that we ask about your vaccination status. This could include MMR, chicken pox, hepatitis, flu and COVID-19 vaccine status. Please note that all employees are required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination, or apply for and receive an approved exemption, as a condition of employment.If you're an enthusiastic, compassionate, senior care professional who is passionate about hospitality and senior engagement- please apply, we'd love to get to know you!
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
Many roles in the community may require that we ask about your vaccination status. Please note that all employees are required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination, or apply for and receive an approved exemption, as a condition of employment.
Work Location: One location