Digital is at the core of what we do at Pep Boys. Our customers, who know Pep Boys as a leading provider of automotive service, are demanding richer digital experiences to complement the automotive repair services we provide. The Full Stack Software Engineer I will be a critical part of our team as we embark on a digital transformation of how we engage with our customers, employees, and business partners. We are looking for an individual who is looking for their next challenge and wants to drive change across our entire customer-facing technology stack. Our perfect candidate is curious, lives to roll up their sleeves, an energetic team player, and wants to be in on the ground-floor of a major digital transformation. This person will be instrumental in following standards and ensuring that they set the gold standard in consistent, quality development and sets the bar for the rest of the team.
Pep Boys Service has over 10,000 associates, 20 distribution centers and over 1,000 corporate locations. In addition, the company supports more than 530 independently owned stores and over 2,400 independently owned service centers across the nation. Pep Boys Service is owned by Icahn Enterprises L.P. (“Icahn Enterprises”; NASDAQ: IEP).
Duties & Responsibilities
- Will embrace full-stack development and can flex between various frameworks to deliver end to end solutions
- Will analyze existing systems and capabilities to architect modernized solutions following the teams “cloud first” mantra.
- Will Contribute to technology roadmap to ensure that our solutions are always looking forward and taking full advantage of what the frameworks, technologies and languages have to offer.
- Will champion DevOps best practices to continuously improve the rigor and automation of code delivery and unit testing.
- Drives many new initiatives in our commercial systems to deliver new multi-device capabilities to our end users in our stores, service bays, and customers online
- Work with several teams to knowledge share and drive change across multiple technology segments
- Strive to implement development best practices; proven solutions design and promoting knowledge sharing
- Will architect broad, well thought out solutions that anticipate future needs
- Strive to become subject matter expert on all layers of the application stack from front end to back end, to database as Ensure code quality through vigorous code reviews, process improvements and both manual/automated unit and functional test efforts.
- Will ensure quality solutions/code is delivered on time and with a target of zero defects.
- Will be measured and held accountable for individual performance on a periodic basis. # Of defects to not exceed 1% of #of pull requests.
Experience and Credentials
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or equivalent
- 4+ years of software development experience
- 2+ years using Cloud based platforms such as AWS, Azure to deliver scalable and resilient solutions
- Solid background in OOP, Object, and data modeling
- Exposure to domain driven design, event driven design, RESTful services, authentication/authorization, API best practices
- Proficiency with front frameworks such as Angular, React
- Proficiency with server-side languages such as Java and NodeJS
- Proficiency with server-side frameworks such as Spring Boot
- Working knowledge of Java, Spring
- You feel comfortable writing software on one or more programming languages.
- You are not afraid to learn new things and dive into systems that may lack proper documentation, requiring code crawling, debugging and working with SMEs.
- Familiarity maintaining a developing Microservices Architectures.
- Experience deploying code using containers such as Docker nice to have
- Familiarity with NOSQL (MongoDB, DynamoDB) and relational databases (Oracle, DB2, MYSQL, Aurora)
- Knowledge of software engineering principles, design patterns, and commercial product development practices
- Must have the ability to work in an agile development environment
- Familiar with Open-Source packages for common capabilities (e.g., log4j, Quartz, ActiveMQ)
- Knowledge of Spring Framework, Spring MVC, spring boot and hibernate / JPA
- Working knowledge on CI/CD DevOps processes
- Strong communication Skills
- You are self-starter and enthusiastic personality.
- You can work well both independently and as a team member.
- You will collaborate with partner teams in defining a delivery and come to the table with ideas that may have not been specifically requested for the betterment of a solution.
- You will collaborate with other engineers and ensure best engineering practices are followed in software development.
- Familiarity with 360 commerce/ Oracle Retail point of Sale (ORPOS) a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled