- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical discipline (or equivalent experience).
- 2+ years of professional front-end development.
- Strong UX design skills, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills.
- Skilled with common front-end technologies such as HTML, CSS, JS, TypeScript, and Node
- Deep experience in one or more relevant front-end frameworks such as React.
- Ability to rapidly prototype and adjust in response to customer feedback
- Solid coding practices including peer code reviews, unit testing, and a preference for agile development.
Come join the team behind expanding Alexa Globally. As a member of our team, you will be responsible for leading the development of front end experience of critical UI for Alexa Developers and Engineer who are building Alexa global features. You will have significant influence on our overall strategy by helping define the features, driving the system front end architecture, and spearheading best practices.
We encourage bold exploration of interactions and experiments that push innovation and use these learnings to bolster the foundation of best practice reference design patterns that foster a consistent, efficient, and familiar cross-product experience.
A successful candidate will have an established background in developing complex front end products, a strong technical ability, project management skills, solid communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment. You should be comfortable with ambiguity and have a creative flair for achieving the impossible.Key Responsibilities:
Work on key frontend system which supports and is responsible for scaling Alexa internationally.
Work through all phases of the project lifecycle, including reviewing requirements, designing critical Components of UI and, building new interfaces, integrate with existing architectures, developing and testing code, and delivering seamless implementations for scaling Alexa features internationally.
Ownership of projects that operate cross-functionally with multiple Alexa engineering, design and product teams.
Work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against defined schedules and milestones.
- Masters degree in CS or an engineering discipline
- 5+ years of professional front end development.
- Experience building scalable, distributed, front-end experiences
- Experience building reusable UX components or libraries
- Understands how to optimize the delivery of code and assets to a browser or device
- Proficient in a broad range of software design approaches and common UX patterns. Knows when (and when not) to use front-end software design pattern.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices.
- Ability to decompose a problem into clear software and UX design actions.
- Ability to articulate the benefits and challenges of depending on front-end libraries, frameworks, and tool-sets.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.