- Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Business, Logistics, Supply Chain other related field
- 4+ years of qualitative/quantitative data analysis related to Supply Chain, Operations, Transportation -Logistics or Inventory Management
- 6+ years of work experience managing cross-functional programs, including external and internal stakeholders
- 3+ years experience or advanced knowledge of basic data analysis tools such as Excel, Tableau, SQL
- 2+ years of experience with Supply Chain Management concepts i.e. forecasting, planning, operations, optimization and logistics
- 2+ years of experience writing narrative documents on topics such as new business cases, press release, process improvement proposals, business requirements, business review docs or proof of concept
At Amazon, we are committed to being the most customer-centric company on earth. The Global Delivery Services team (GDS) at Amazon is comprised of high-powered dynamic teams which are shaping network execution through the development and application of innovative transportation and delivery management concepts.
Network Design team within GDS is looking for a leader to lead analysis and execution around transportation network design. As a Program Manager, this role requires deep diving transportation cost drivers, and partnering with cross-functional teams to action specific drivers while maintaining or improving customer experience and transportation cost. The candidate will lead programs from the idea inception to implementation while managing multiple, competing projects and effectively prioritizing them.Responsibilities include:
- Understand the NA Transportation network, act as a Subject Matter Expert for driving changes to the transportation network.
- Work with Long Term and Mid Term Planning teams to set volume plans by carrier for future time frames to ensure accuracy and validity of plans while managing for key metrics such as Cost, Delivery Estimate Accuracy (DEA) and Speed.
- Identify, analyze, and maintain key metrics, with trend and variance analyses to discern root cause of defects.
- Collaborate with other Program/Product managers and analysts to continuously improve operations ability to support volume allocations change and carrier commitment requirement changes.
- Partner with Carriers (AMZL, Amazon Air, Third Party), Carrier Managers, Finance, Technology teams and ensure network design manages Speed, DEA and Cost effectively and can properly maintain volume allocation targets.
- Master's Degree in Industrial Engineering, Logistics, Supply Chain, Operations Research, MBA or related field
- Experience in Transportation, Carrier Management
- Experience working independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Experience problem solving independently
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.