What you'll do...
Senior Software Engineer
Walmart Global Tech - Sam's Club - Dallas, TX; Bentonville, AR; Atlanta, GA
It's an exciting time to join our Walmart journey. Want to use design
and coding skills to solve real-life large-scale problems impacting millions of lives?
At Sam's Club, we are developing the next generation of capabilities in the Supply Chain space. We are building them by leveraging modern cloud-based infrastructure to support replenishment and order management
for our clubs.
You'll sweep us off our feet if:
What you'll do..
- You're a problem solver
- You're experienced with design and coding best in class enterprise platforms/applications
- You have a great eye for detail and can articulate the specifics of quality design while enforcing engineering principles
- You're organized, disciplined, and can manage large project simultaneously
- You have high standards for code quality
- You're stimulated by challenges and are ready to engage at Fortune 1 scale
- You are biased for action and roll up your sleeves to unblock your team
What you'll bring..
- Assist small to medium-sized complex projects by reviewing and understanding project requirements; translating requirements into technical solutions; gathering needed information (for example, design documents, product requirements, wire frames); writing and developing code; communicating status and issues to appropriate team members and stakeholders; collaborating with project team and cross-functional teams; identifying areas of opportunity; interpreting information and identifying a solution; ensuring solution is sustainable across implementation and use; and ensuring on-time delivery and hand-offs.
- Provide support to the business for new and existing systems by responding to user questions, concerns, and issues (for example, technical feasibility); researching and identifying needed solutions; determining implementation designs; providing guidance regarding implications of new and enhanced systems; and directing users to appropriate contacts for issues outside of own domain.
- Troubleshoot business and production issues by gathering information (for example, issue, impact, criticality); performing root cause analysis to reduce future issues; engaging support teams when needed; developing solutions; driving the development of an action plan; performing actions as designated in the plan; and completing online documentation.
- Demonstrate up-to-date expertise and apply this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices; supporting and aligning efforts to meet customer and business needs; and building commitment for perspectives and rationales.
- Bachelor of Science and 5 years' experience in software engineering OR Master of Science and 2 years' experience in software engineering
- 5+ years of experience with developing and supporting complex systems using Java of programming language
- 5+ years of experience with Java/JEE, Spring Framework, NodeJS
- 5+ years of experience with Databases: Relational (Azure SQL Server),
- 3+ years of experience with Cloud: Azure Cloud Platform, Azure Storage
- 3+ years of experience with micro-services architectures, event-based architecture (Kafka), Kubernetes, Docker)
- Monitoring & Alerting: Dynatrace, Splunk etc.
- CI/CD experience
- Experience with TDD and automated testing frameworks
- Experience with DevOps
- Experience working in a KPI driven highly agile environment
- Experience with spark and big data technologies
- Retail/Supply Chain experience
- Order Management Systems
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions - while being inclusive of all people.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science
and 3 years' experience in software engineering
or related field OR 5 years' experience in software
or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master's degree in Computer Science
or related field and 2 years' experience in software engineering
or related field
2101 SE SIMPLE SAVINGS DR, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712-4304, United States of America