The Director of Web Development leads a team of web professionals to support the development and maintenance of UAB's content management systems and other digital platforms. This position will work closely with Creative, Accessibility, User Experience (UX) and Production teams to translate business needs into creative, compelling, interactive digital solutions. This position will drive development technology roadmaps and decisions to advance UAB's digital branding and support strategic marketing efforts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Manages all UAB enterprise content management systems (CMS).
2. Keeps UAB’s centrally branded themes and web elements up-to-date and fully functioning based on user testing, customer feedback, team needs and expressed university priorities and initiatives.
3. Troubleshoots CMS performance issues and concerns and offer feasible solutions.
4. Represents the web team through vendor relations by reporting issues, overseeing contracts and agreements, and facilitating third-party development support as needed.
5. Maintains user permissions list for all UAB enterprise content management systems.
6. Manages integrated 3rd party systems, APIs into UAB’s Content Management Systems.
7. Translates mockups and prototypes from UX team into functional web elements within UAB’s content management systems.
8. Establishes and maintains development and quality standards.
9. Develops, debugs and improves existing web templates and elements.
10. Facilitates proper code organization and management throughout the team.
11. Works with Accessibility team to ensure code produces accessible functionality and web element
12. Collaborates with central IT on shared initiatives and priorities.
13. Oversees web training and support for all UAB enterprise content management systems by creating and distributing training materials using the LMS.
14. Offers virtual and in-person training opportunities for distributed web admins across campus.
15. Maintains Custom Applications & enhances UAB’s campus map by collaborating with Accessibility and Creative teams to test and maintain accessible and user-first functionality throughout map features
16. Performs other duties as assigned.
Salary Range: $81,525 - $105,000
Bachelor's degree in a related field and three (3) years of related experience required. Work experience may NOT substitute for education requirement.