Locations: Arlington, VA * Blacksburg, VA * Raleigh-Durham, NC * Charlotte, NC Workplace type: Hybrid
Are you a talented and passionate software developer searching for your next career move? How about an opportunity to apply your skills and do something meaningful, challenging, and incredibly satisfying? NextUp Solutions is looking for Lead Software Development Engineer/Mentors
for Exelaration, our award-winning software development center. This role provides the opportunity to build high-quality technology solutions while also mentoring early-career talent on development best practices.
As a skilled developer, you’ll work on custom software solutions with our clients that range from nationally recognized organizations looking to improve their business to startups in need of their first solutions. As a mentor, you will have a tremendous impact on the future of motivated undergraduates preparing to enter the workforce. You’ll participate in managing, training, and recruiting our talented undergraduate software engineers who work as paid interns for Exelaration. This is an exceptionally rewarding role as you guide early career professionals and witness their growth and success! The ideal candidate has:
- Four or more years of software development experience with a broad skill set in a variety of technologies and areas
- Led a custom solution effort from architecture to client handover with plenty of lessons learned
- A passion for development, learning new technologies, and keeping up with a fast-changing industry landscape
- The ability and desire to work with early-career engineers, offering mentoring and training in software development languages, best practices, and methodology
- Develop and architect technical solutions for our clients
- Educate and train our clients in Agile and software engineering best practices
- Train and mentor undergraduate engineers, which includes, but is not limited to translating client requirements into teachable modules, developing communication and stakeholder relationship skills, and providing quality assurance for deliverables
- Participate in recruiting undergraduate interns
- Provide technical expertise and support in the business development and proposal process
- Support multiple projects concurrently
About the Exelaration Center
- Four+ years of software development experience with experience working in a variety of technologies (i.e., Java, .NET, Python, Angular, React, Django, Cloud) and skills (i.e., DevOps, maintenance, development, analysis, testing, different development languages, databases, platforms)
- Background in delivering high-quality code that leverages language and industry best practices while also being able to define and communicate team standards
- Track record of running Agile/Scrum projects for business stakeholders
- Team leadership and/or mentoring experience
- Skilled at communicating using a variety of methods, including email, phone, video conference, instant messaging, collaboration tools, and in-person
- Commitment to exceptional client service as an individual contributor and team leader
- Planning and organizational skills
- Demonstration of flexibility in the face of changing business and client requirements
- Legal authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship or restriction
- Must be located in the Raleigh/Durham, Charlotte, Washington, DC, or Blacksburg/New River Valley areas with flexibility for hybrid onsite and remote work environment
Top organizations engage Exelaration to design and build custom software to improve their business. Anchored by experts with decades of experience across a variety of tech stacks, we mobilize development teams of engineers from top university programs to complete real client projects. We’ve delivered solutions for startups, Fortune 500 companies, federal agencies, non-profits, and associations.
As the #2 tech internship in the U.S., we rely on time-tested best practices from the world of scientific, university-based research. Exelaration’s innovative campus-based model harnesses the experience of full-time expert engineers coupled with the value of talented undergraduate engineers.
A top-ranked workplace for diversity and mentoring, Exelaration’s culture celebrates and supports the differences that make each of us unique. NextUp Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.