OverviewThis is a 100% fully remote role. Work virtually from anywhere in the U.S.
The role of Sr. Developer is to design, build and maintain high quality technology solutions that deliver an exceptional customer experience. Working as an integral part of an Agile development team, this role will require close and continuous collaboration with the team of lead developers, product owners, technical program managers and fellow team members to translate user stories and functional requirements into resilient & secure technical designs As a front-end developer in the digital organization, you will be creating Office Depot’s next-generation of technology leveraging the full-stack of Public Cloud services, building and running micro-front ends in a containerized / Kubernetes environment.
1. Create new features or parts of internal/user facing applications, with the end user in mind, providing for the best customer experience
2. Develop components and libraries that are reusable and future-proof
3. Confident in using UI/UX designs or wireframes to create the respective code and the application for multiple browsers
4. Uses knowledge on React.js and its lifecycle to maximize components performance across different devices and browsers
5. Focus on professional development through our wide array of learning opportunities for continued growth within the Office Depot team
Education & Experience
Level of Formal Education: Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
Area of Study: Computer Science or Engineering discipline preferred
Years of Experience: Minimum of 5 years in a related field
Language Skills: •
Technical Competencies: •
Skills and Ability: • Solid understanding of React.js and its fundamentals, including modern features like hooks; handson experience required
- Solid understanding of HTML and CSS/SCSS, and able to create responsive UI
- Experience with widely used React.js state managers like Redux
- Knowledge of modern ECMAScript
- Knowledge of RESTful APIs
- Knowledge of the overall browser rendering behavior and measuring and optimizing performance
- Knowledge of building front-ends for multiple browsers and their limitations
- Strong hands-on experience with source code management system Git
- Experience in an agile work environment
- Hands on experience with Unit Testing tools like jest, enzyme, mocha and chai
- Knowledge of StoryBookJS is a plus
(People Soft, etc.)
Personal Attributes: • Team player
Pay, Benefits & Work Schedule
Office Depot and Office Max offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization! For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button.
How To Apply
Click the Apply Now button and follow the instructions on each page. When you have completed the application, click the submit button.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Office Depot and Office Max is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records City & County of San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.