Blu Digital Group is a leading digital media services company that provides transformative distribution services and solutions to the entertainment industry for over 12+ years. We focus on processing and delivering high quality media content worldwide for film/TV distributors. Our custom-tailored software sets the standard for quality, speed, scalability and efficiency.
About the Role
The Blu team is seeking a detail oriented Quality Assurance Engineer to provide testing oversight and be an advocate for a bug-free user experience!
As a QA Engineer, you will help define QA processes and develop repeatable and automatable QA testing. Working alongside Product and Engineering to understand features and technical implementation, you will identify use cases, create test plans, define test strategies & frameworks, execute testing, and report on the quality and reliability of our products. This position is open to in-office and remote candidates. Blu headquarters are located in sunny Burbank, CA.
- Responsible for quality releases into production environments.
- Ownership of test plan development and execution for internal and customer facing applications (manual, scripted, and automated testing).
- Partner with the Product and Engineering teams to define requirements and ensure comprehensive test coverage.
- Diagnose issues, report defects, and propose regression tests to catch recurring bugs.
- Report on test execution progress and results.
- 1-3 years experience working as a Quality Assurance Engineer.
- Experience in manual and automated testing.
- Knowledge of various automation tools.
- Bachelor's Degree, equivalent technical training/certification, or relevant experience.
- BS in Computer Science preferred.
- Cypress test automation experience is a plus.
- Working experience with Laravel, Vue, Node.JS, Docker and AWS Lambda / micro-service architecture.
- Understanding of both relational (MySQL) and NoSQL (MongoDB) databases.
- Experience across test strategies such as regression, performance, API contract / integration and security review.
- Knowledge of Git, Github, Github Actions, or general CI/CD pipelines.
- Familiarity with engineering best practices/code quality frameworks and linting.
- Experience communicating with technical teams and management to collect testing requirements, understand product features and gain knowledge of technical designs.
- Problem solver with analytical skills, who approaches testing methodically.
- Strong desire to deliver an excellent customer experience, viewing the applications through the eyes of the end-user.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $95,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Work Location: One location