The CAR Group is a dedicated team who provides exceptional business management and IT services to a collection of high-performing, privately held retail automotive dealerships throughout Southern California, Florida, and Texas. The dealerships all do business as Norm Reeves. The organization maintains its primary operational office near its dealerships in Cerritos, CA. The management group serves over 1,200 employees across 13 physical dealership operations as well as two auxiliary management offices.
The Senior Network Engineering Manager reports to the IT director and is responsible for developing a plan to integrate our on-site networking systems with cloud connected networks in order to build a hybrid connected environment. They determine the appropriate tasks and tools to build a world class network for the company, enabling broader use of the cloud and develop an improving strategy for a secure environment afforded by the use of an integrated approach.
A broad and mastery level understanding of the Route, Switch, Wireless, SDWAN, Telecommunications, Firewall, SIEM and related vendors and services is required. Security is a high priority for our group so the Senior Network Engineering Manager must be able to identify gaps and recommend / implement remediation to such deficiencies and be able to communicate these changes and technologies across the business.
They will communicate and distribute the knowledge of business benefiting technologies at all levels of the organization, further leveraging the technology investment. They cultivate a departmental culture of excellence that align with the company’s aggressive goals for growth and commitment to elevating the employee and customer experience.
What you’ll do:
- Interviews, makes hiring recommendations, and trains new staff
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations
- Provides training, counseling, supervision and discipline to all department staff
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Be jointly responsible for the development and leadership of the Tech Team enabling a highly functional expert level team able to solve the needs of the business today and in the future generating a competitive advantage.
- Define, develop and manage network infrastructure and security needs on a pro forma basis ensuring we are able to scale the environment and manage it with minimal risk and staffing.
- Ensure the company has the best of breed connectivity options implemented including managing SD-Wan communications, internet connectivity (Site-Site-Cloud / Azure Cloud connectivity).
- Develop and evergreen wireless Infrastructure performance and standards, including all retail store / service locations ensuring both the business and customers have great performance and connectivity with little friction.
- Be able to manage Router / Switch and related telecommunications technologies including excellent knowledge of vlans, routing protocols and related access based best practices ensuring the company is optimized for performance and secure.
- Ensure documentation is created, maintained and utilized across the group for the benefit of training and standard operating procedures.
- Create a groupwide SIEM program and develop an implementation to ensure log collection and review occurs on all connected devices across the organization creating a review process for tech leadership to gain insight on behavioral and external threats.
- Create a “Pager Duty” like culture and response plan to ensure escalation occurs across the board providing visibility to both internal and external Tech customers.
- Create and perform audit and change control initiatives to ensure we are able to defensibly self-regulate PCI and regulatory compliance mandates.
- Develop and improve change control processes ensuring a consistent practice is followed and enhanced each and every week following our mission of continual improvement.
- Create an environment in which ITIL standards and practices can be developed and followed encouraging change and configuration management best practices across the team for improved team operations.
- Develop a methodology to manage incident response, investigations and playbook development for common security incursions such as compromised credentials and phishing situations.
- Create a process to collect, maintain and manage network related hardware and software licenses and inventory including versions and protect code levels for group security.
- Develop KPI’s and budgetary assessment of projects, personnel, performance, and resources enabling the collective to make data drive decisions for staff, technology and adherence for the benefit of sales, security and operational excellence.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field and 5-10 years of experience with a proven track record including architecture, design, and implementation.
- Previous work experience as a Networking Engineer
- Certifications related to networking or security (both preferred)
- Advanced knowledge of network operating systems, subject matter expertise in networking hardware including route / switch, wireless, VPN, and Software Defined Networking
- Familiarity with communication and routing protocols
- Familiarity with network analysis tools
- Proficiency with coding languages
- Excellent leadership and mentoring skills
- High level problem-solving and communication skills
- Certificate(s) in security and/or networking. Cisco, Palo Alto, Sophos, Velo, Meraki, etc. CCNA Route/Switch, CCNP, CCNA Security, CCENT, CCDA, CCIE desired.
What we offer:
- Free training opportunities
- Advancement opportunities
- Tuition Reimbursement - Up to $2,000 reimbursement within 12-month period
- 401k with Matching Contribution – 25% match on up to $4,000 contribution per year
- Paid Time Off
- 1st year is up to 6 PTO days
- 2nd to 4th year is 11 PTO days
- 5+ years is 16 PTO days
- Medical (PPO), Dental (PPO & HMO), Vision, and complimentary Group Life Insurance
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Section 125 Cafeteria Plan & Flexible Spending Account (allows employees to pay for certain qualified expenses on a pre-tax basis)
- Company partner discounts on national and local brands (LifeMart)
- Generous employee and family member discounts on sales, service and parts at our many locations