The Sponsor requires Contractor support for the development and subsequent maintenance a suite of services, drop-in UI components, and end-user applications. Due to the significant breadth of integrations across numerous organizations, the Sponsor requires a flexible, high performance team that can deliver a coherent suite of solutions at the speed of mission despite reliance on numerous external capability providers.
The Sponsor develops numerous applications intended to allow their users to discover information relevant to their interests. However, across this diverse collection of applications, there exist cross-cutting functional and information needs that typically either are solved in a proprietary manner or go unsatisfied. These inconsistencies and gaps can burden users and serve as obstructions to the very workflows these applications seek to facilitate. Moreover, they represent missed opportunities to create bridges across applications that amplify their utility and reduce user fatigue. Thus, the sponsor seeks to create services and components that can be integrated into existing and future applications to satisfy these cross cutting needs. The Contractor shall have experience utilizing services, drop-in Web components, and deep linking – in tandem – to successfully introduce cross cutting functionality across a broad suite of applications.
The Sponsor requires a suite of services and web components that facilitates reading and writing of entity information (e.g. attributes of people, places, and things) from/to an existing knowledge store. Use cases include, but are not limited to:
- (U) Use of knowledge for enrichment purposes; e.g. to look up identifying information to determine if related knowledge already exists and if so to provide that context inline within a consuming application.
- Use of knowledge for query purposes; e.g. to look up identifying information / key terms associated with an entity for use as query criteria within a consuming application.
- Capture of newly discovered knowledge; e.g. to allow the user to associate information discovered within a consuming application to an existing entity or to allow the user to create a new entity with information discovered within a consuming application. In either case, source information is captured along with the knowledge.
The Sponsor requires a suite of services and web components that facilitates team-oriented collaboration and sharing. Use cases include, but are not limited to:
- On-the-fly creation of a shared team definition (i.e. a named collection of one to many users) at the point in an external application’s workflow where a user wants to share a resource.
- On-the-fly modification of a team definition at the point in an external application’s workflow where a user wants to share a resource. (e.g. adding a user to an existing team)
- On-the-fly creation of a name list (i.e. a named collection of resources) that can accessed by one to many users (i.e. can be associated to an aforementioned team) at the point in an external application’s workflow where a user wants to share a resource.
- Associating a resource to a named list within an external application.
To aid in the adoption of these capability, both the Knowledge and Collaboration capabilities must be designed to easily facilitate the integration of these capabilities into external applications built with heterogeneous technology stacks. Additionally, service APIs should be optimized to handle the most common use cases. The Contractor shall have experience in utilizing Service Oriented Architectures, Message Oriented Architectures, and Web Components to integrate information and capability across numerous disparate systems.
Facilitating knowledge sharing will present significant security & data policy challenges. The Contractor will work with appropriate parties within the Sponsor’s organization to develop potential business rules that satisfy data policy requirements whilst also satisfying the needs of the aforementioned application concepts. This will likely result in the need for innovative technical solutions to maintain exacting control over where and how information is shared among systems. The Contractor shall have experience building systems that securely shares information, preferably in the Sponsors environment.
User-facing applications should be focused, first and foremost, on user experience. A good application experience enables users to make efficient and effective use of their time, reduces the need for training, and increases their ability to collaborate with others. Good application aesthetics increase acceptance, tolerance of issues, and ensures that critical information is not misinterpreted. An application that focuses on user experience demonstrates a commitment to meeting their users' needs.
The Contractor shall have experience in User Research, Information Architecture, Interaction Design, Visual Design, Usability / Human Factors, and UI Development. The Contractor will develop design artifacts (e.g. annotated mockups) that will serve as detailed requirements for implementation by software developers. Additionally, designers will be required to work alongside developers to realize their designs within software.
**Please note: This job requires an existing Top Secret Clearance and Full Scope Polygraph**Experience Needed
- Expertise in developing “drop-in” Web Components
- Expertise in requirements definition
- Expertise in Information Security, Assessment & Accreditation
- Expertise in API Design
- Experience utilizing data caching to obtain optimum performance.
- Expertise in authoring and consuming Web Services.
- Expertise utilizing RMDB and NoSQL capabilities.
- User Experience Design - to include Visual Design
- Experience developing Web Applications
- Experience in designing applications to support Deep Linking
- Expertise in user engagements, soliciting requirements, decomposing into user stories
- Expertise in open source technologies and experience in pulling together multiple open source modules to satisfy a system requirement
- Expertise deploying utilizing containerization (e.g. Docker)
- Expertise in the full software development lifecycle. This includes development, deployment, testing, and monitoring.
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience with Agile methodologies.
The Contractor shall have expertise in the following technologies to include, but not limited to:
Linux (e.g. CentOS)
Java, Python, and/or Go
HTML & CSS
Angular, React, or Vue
NOSQL Data Sources
(e.g. mongoDB, Cassandra, etc.)
SQL & RDBMS Systems
(e.g. Amazon RDS)
SOLR and/or ElasticSearch (Desired)
Cross-origin resource sharing (CORS)
At Dezign Concepts, we are building a collaboration of professionals to help supply commercial, government and the intelligence communities with the services they need to excel in current and future endeavors. We are a growing company where providing outstanding solutions and delivering impeccable service is our highest priority. We believe that great people make great companies and every day we strive to provide the type of environment that encourages creativity, growth and satisfaction.
Dezign Concepts provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.