Hendrick Motorsports is currently seeking a Senior Programmer Analyst who will define, test, analyze, and maintain new software applications. This position includes writing, coding, testing, and analyzing software programs and applications. This position will also research, design, document, and modify software specifications. Converts project specifications and statements of problems and procedures to detailed logical flow charts.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Write programming scripts to enhance functionality and/or performance of company applications as needed
- Analyze, assess, review and rewrite existing business applications
- Liaise with network administrators, system analysts, and software engineers to assist in resolving issues with software products and systems
- Administer critical analysis of test results and deliver a solution to the problem area
- Design, create and develop in-house software and applications
- Modify, create, and maintain reports
- Troubleshoot system errors
- Install software products for end users as required
- Update existing and create new tables, functions, and stored procedures in databases
- Design, run and monitor software performance tests on new and existing program to correct errors, isolate areas for improvement, and debug
- Conduct research on emerging application development software products, languages, and standards
- Recommend, schedule, and perform software improvement and upgrades
- Profiling and analyzing algorithms
- Provide guidance to junior team members as needed
- Train end-users to operate new, modified, or existing programs and applications
- Provide support to the help desk as needed
- Accuracy - Perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Accountability - Accept responsibility and account for his/her own actions.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to collaborate effectively with co-workers, supervisors and managers all having varying degrees of education and background.
- Communication, Written - Demonstrates an ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Ethical - Demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Organized - Demonstrates being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Honesty / Integrity - Truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Reliability - Demonstrates being dependable and trustworthy.
- Detail Oriented - Pays attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
- Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): Required
Associate or Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering: Preferred
- Experience: Minimum 4 years of experience
- Other Requirements: Ability to exercise initiative and resourcefulness. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others. Knowledge of professional office practices. Flexible and adaptable in regard to learning and understanding new technologies. Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to design and implement complex applications that conform to security and privacy standards. Ability to meet development and testing deadlines and perform corrective actions in a timely manner. Strong written, oral and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to conduct research into software related issues and products. Highly self-motivated and directed. Keen attention to detail. Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment. Ability to work both independently and in a team oriented, collaborative environment.
Please no phone calls, emails or in-person visits. All applicants must apply via the Hendrick Motorsports website. Resumes will not be accepted via professional placement services or recruiters.
Hendrick Motorsports is an equal opportunity employer. EEO/AA/m/f/vets/disabled
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,407.00 - $116,991.00 per year
Work Location: One location