Realtor.com®, a leading online destination for real estate services, has acquired Avail. This role will align with the Avail team, the newest addition to the realtor.com® network. Avail offers a software platform with a complete set of tools, guidance, and best in class educational content providing landlords with everything they need to be confident and professional.
Join our growing team a an experienced React engineer with Fullstack development experience who can help take our product to the next level. We need someone passionate about building web applications and fluent in technologies across our entire stack. We work in a highly collaborative environment, where each person is expected to bring expertise, strong opinions and raw talent to the table. Vast knowledge of and enthusiasm about web technologies past and present is an absolute must. Join our group of skilled and motivated professionals as we change our customers' lives for the better and build the world's premier landlord software.
What will you do?Responsibilities
What will you bring?Requirements
- Build exciting new ideas from scratch while also improving and maintaining existing features across the Avail product
- Build and scale our frontend application to meet fast-growing data demands of a national audience
- Advocate for good, clean, well-documented and performant code
- Translate design mockups into well-scoped and executable engineering tasks
- Collaborate with other developers through pair programming and collaborative code reviews
- Work closely with product designers, product managers, engineers, and customer support to deliver a compelling user-facing product, leveraging tools and frameworks such as React, Webpack, and Ruby on Rails
- Provide thoughtful solutions to complex scaling and performance issues
- Care about and can identify security needs at all levels of the application
- Troubleshoot and solve technical issues as they arise in a timely manner
Nice to Haves:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of professional experience working with and scaling a production React application
- Broad understanding and experience using relational databases and SQL
- Excellent programming experience and a passion to continue learning new and familiar technologies
- Strong eye for design and user experience paired with the ability to bring design mockups to life
- Positive attitude, intellectual curiosity, and strong work ethic
- Experience with Apollo and GraphQL (if you've helped migrate from REST to GraphQL let's talk)
- Broad knowledge of SEO best practices, able to produce performant landing pages
At realtor.com®, we believe that everyone deserves a home of their own. We're a community of nearly 2,000 employees who work hard to ensure that from the moment someone starts dreaming about a new home, to the moment they walk in the door and beyond, we're there to lend a helping hand. Every month, over 85 million people trust us with their journey home by visiting our site and mobile apps, and we'd love to have you join our team to help.
We've got great offices in the U.S. and Canada with lots of sweet jobs to choose from, so we're hoping you'll join us on our journey to make buying, selling, renting, and living in homes easier and more rewarding for everyone.
Let's make a difference, together. For Real.