Software Engineer (Backend or Fullstacck) This is a full-time, remote position working collaboratively with colleagues across the US and Europe. About Us:
We are a global team of innovators solving complex problems through digital experiences. From creatives to software engineers, we leverage UX, digital and brand design, and software engineering that create a range of intelligent SaaS products and custom solutions for some of the world's top industries. With offices in Munich, Washington D.C., and Montvale, NJ - and team members across the United States and Europe - we are a virtual-first digital experience company. Our teams leverage cutting-edge technologies to drive innovation and solve market needs through cloud-based solutions. Who You Are:
We are looking for Software Engineers
to design and develop various web applications for our products and as part of our service offerings. You will work collaboratively with a team of software developers and project managers to analyze user requirements and drive the implementation and release of features and updates. When in front of a screen, you've got the forte for writing clean, readable and maintainable code. With a hunger for all things tech, you will bring an open mind to learning new things as well as a fresh perspective. What you Bring to the Team:
- Experience with backend programming languages such as Java/JEE and Python.
- Experience in object-oriented design and common design patterns.
- Experience in building distributed software systems.
- Working knowledge of modern frameworks such as Spring Boot.
- Working knowledge of software design and architecture, such as microservices.
- Experience working with SQL and NO-SQL Databases.
- General understanding of algorithms and data structure.
- Build & deliver high quality software in an agile environment.
- Ability to use critical thinking and sound judgement.
- Ability to troubleshoot production issues across multiple environments and Operating Systems.
- Great communication, teamwork, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in AWS, or other cloud providers, is a plus.
Within Your First Month, You'll:
- Experience with frontend programming languages & frameworks such as:
- React and Angular
- Prior experience as a project lead or team lead
- Ability to lead a group of engineers in successful execution of projects, comfortable working with clients
Within Your First 6 Months, You'll:
- Learn about S44, our business model and product and service offerings.
- Ramp up on our technology stack through peer-led training sessions.
- Begin to write internal documentation for your work so teams are looped in on the latest updates.
- Complete and deploy your first assigned project.
- Contribute ideas, ask questions, and raise concerns when encountering challenges.
Within Your First Year, You'll:
- Feel more comfortable navigating our tech stack and continuously leverage your team members to help fill in any gaps of understanding.
- Work collaboratively with your manager to identify areas for personal growth and create a plan to improve.
- Own major areas of an application or project that you have been assigned.
What are the Benefits of Joining Our Team?
- Create trusting relationships with our clients, helping to establish S44 as a go-to partner.
- Exhibit a strong understanding of all aspects of the systems that you work on.
- Collaborate with developers and project managers to define priorities and set delivery goals.
- Proactively provide and implement recommendations to improve the quality and stability of our applications.
- Contribute to S44's continuous improvement initiative by bringing fresh ideas and the energy to bring our team to the next level.
At S44, we take ultimate pride in our employees! By choosing a career at S44, you gain:
What to Expect from Our Selection Process:
- Competitive compensation framework that creates a clear growth plan
- Base pay for midlevel engineers begins at $104,000/annually
- Discretionary profit-sharing bonuses
- Covered premiums for health, vision, dental benefits (buy-up options available)
- 15 Days of Paid Time Off (accrual of added days each year of employment)
- Unlimited sick leave program
- Paid parental leave program
- Flexible work hours
- 401K plans
- Continuous learning opportunities
- Virtual-first culture paired with a laidback team and casual dress
While an advanced degree is not required, we seek passionate technologists who possess both technical and soft skills to excel on our team. Our selection process is designed to assess the whole candidate and foster a mutual match for you and us. The process includes:
Please note that applicants will be screened and interviewed by the S44 Hiring Team which has offices in Montvale, NJ and McLean, VA, USA.
- Apply by submitting your resume; cover letters are optional.
- The S44 Hiring Team reviews your application.
- Introductory Video Interview with a member of the S44 Hiring Team to discuss what you are looking for in a role, as well as answer any high level questions about us.
- If your skills meet the position requirements, you will receive a link to complete a Codility Test. Here we will assess your technical and problem solving skills. Once submitted, a technical team member will grade and rank your test.
- Virtual Technical Interview using Codility or Microsoft Teams in order to dive deep into your technical and problem solving skills.
- Final Interview, either video or in-person, to enable our leaders to get to know you and give you the opportunity to share all your burning questions about S44, our culture, and your desired role.