When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world's leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We're a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward - and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
We are honored that you are considering Visible as your next place of employment. Visible is the first all-digital wireless carrier in the U.S. Named by Fast Company as one of the most innovative companies in the world, Visible offers unlimited messages, minutes, and data on Verizon’s Network. Visible is designed to fundamentally change the way millions of consumers sign up for and manage their phone service. Although headquartered in Denver, we practice a remote working environment centralized around US hubs.
Visible Engineering is building a next generation cloud mobile network platform, pushing the boundaries of the traditional mobile carrier. We're looking for innovative engineers who are passionate about writing code and unafraid of solving big problems. This Distinguished Software Engineer role on our Fraud and Security engineering team will lead and influence design and development processes for the platform that keeps our business successful and our members secure. You will bring creative ideas and energy to the team, take calculated risks with a bias to action, and challenge our thinking with an action-forward team mentality.
- Directsoftware contribution - Identify when and how best to evolve platform functionality from a monolith into microservices.
- Technical guidance and mentoring - Advocate for best-in-class developer experience in tooling, engineering processes, and code patterns.
- Learn from and mentor others and participate in code reviews to continually raise the bar in our collaboration and our technical solutions.
- Uplift platform quality - Strike the right balance between quality and speed, making responsible technical and functional tradeoffs to deliver on our goals; incorporating technical debt and platform maintenance as a cornerstone of our engineering focus alongside feature development.
- Stakeholder management - Working across a complex ecosystem of technical and business partners to bring our strategic vision to reality, over and over again; communicating effectively when surprises come up and helping the team to work through dependencies and blockers.
- Exercise mastery of architecture and infrastructure principles to build and evolve scalable web applications.
- Design and develop clean, scalable interfaces for client and server integration exposed through RESTful APIs.
- Flex your Spring Boot/Microservice expertise to bring new and existing core functionality into our service oriented architecture.
- Apply your devops inclination to configure and deploy containerized services to our Kubernetes environments through automated Gitlab pipelines.
- Maintain and enhance monolith functionality in the Salesforce/Vlocity platform to balance ongoing needs of the business.
- Build, test, ship, learn, and iterate to make our platform more resilient.
- Closely collaborate with our global delivery teams.
Where you'll be working...
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in Java/Spring Boot in a microservices architecture.
- Knowledge of RDBMS vs NoSQL and database design.
- Familiarity with modern observability tools (e.g. Splunk, New Relic, Datadog).
- Knowledge of Identity and Access Management (IAM) best practices and security principles.
- Development experience working in an Agile team environment.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A Master Degree in computer science or related field.
- Experience integrating with payment processing and fraud analytics platforms.
- Understanding of frontend web and mobile application architectures and frameworks.
- Experience managing services with Docker and Kubernetes in a cloud-hosted environment.
- Experience with Apigee as an API proxy layer.
- Experience with Salesforce and the Vlocity backend platform.
Our benefits are designed to help you move forward in your career, and in areas of your life outside of Verizon. From health and wellness benefits, short term incentives, 401 (k) Savings Plan, stock incentive programs, paid time off, parental leave, adoption assistance and tuition assistance, plus other incentives,we've got you covered with our award-winning total rewards package. For part-timers, your coverage will vary as you may be eligible for some of these benefits depending on your individual circumstances.
If you are hired into a Colorado work location, the compensation range for this position is between $153,000 and $284,000
based on a full-time schedule. The salary will vary depending on your location and confirmed job-related skills and experience. This is an incentive
based position with the potential to earn more. For part-time roles, your compensation will be adjusted to reflect your hours.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion
page to learn more. COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).