Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined dentsu. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
We are champions for meaningful progress and we strive to be a force for good—for our people, for our clients, for the industry and for our society. We keep our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. We embed diversity, in our mindset, in our solutions and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators with each other and with our clients, driving better outcomes for all. Merkle is an agency of dentsu.
Merkle is looking for Senior Web Optimization Developers who are interested in applying their expertise in front-end technologies to develop and support enterprise-class A/B and complex multivariate testing (MVT)
for our clients. The candidate must have experience working in structured environments following defined development methodologies, including client/server and multi-tiered design and development.
***Multivariate Testing (MVT) experience is a must have***
- Ensure flawless design and execution of tests—all of which begin with a well-crafted hypothesis and have clear measurements of success and metrics designed to answer hypotheses
- Work both independently and collaboratively to implement, monitor, and analyze advanced A/B and multivariate tests
- Mentor and train junior web optimization developers to expand their skills and knowledge of front-end development and conversion optimization/testing
- Proactively anticipate issues and develop solutions
- Drive actionable insights from tests, and deliver technical and statistical information to non-technical client team members
- Ensure accurate, high quality, statistical analysis of test data
- Identify successes, failures and trends across sites, and effectively communicate these findings to the organization
- Measure results against stated objectives, applying a variety of analysis tools to interpret data and identify key patterns and findings
- Combine test results with other relevant data sources, both internal and external, to enhance the quality of the insights
- Develop processes that enable the successful development of experiments
- Provide support and troubleshooting to ensure cross-functional business partners are clear as to their roles and responsibilities throughout the test process
- Deliver test results and insightful data to client management teams
- 3+ years of experience focused on front-end web development
- 1+ year of experience executing A/B and multivariate tests using industry tools such as Adobe Target, Google Optimize, Optimizely, etc. (Training for specific tools may be provided)
- Basic understanding of conversion optimization principles as well as practices and web analytics solutions (Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, etc.)
- Understanding of tableless page layout and positioning, browser behavior and compatibility, and cross-browser issues and solutions
- Ability to manipulate site content and functionality using client-side technologies
- Some experience with SQL and databases
- Strong desire to apply technical development skills to innovative marketing solutions and products that make real impact on client businesses
- Willingness to learn new tools and technologies as needed
Nice to Have
- Exposure to source code management tools like CVS and SVN
- Exposure to Service-Oriented Architecture and Web Services development standards (SOAP, XML, WSDL), and developing on the Spring and Hibernate frameworks
- Exposure to Adobe Photoshop and other graphic-editing tools
At Merkle, we believe that a diverse environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where all ideas and contributions are encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry. We embrace differences of opinion. We value diversity of experience and thought, which help us to challenge and define industry-leading solutions and also support our goal of being a great place to work.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.