- Experience with object-oriented design
At Amazon Studios Technology, we build applications that manage Television and Movie production workflow from conception to delivery. We’re looking for contributors who are excited to help steer the ship by designing, implementing, testing, deploying, and architecting software solutions to execute our long term vision of transforming Studios’ operations.
The Studios Applications program focuses on creating apps and cloud-based infrastructure to automate, streamline, and optimize business processes and information workflows for the entire content creation lifecycle at Amazon Studios.
Come work with us to develop distributed systems using AWS, industry standards, and best practices. You will collaborate closely with a team of leaders using agile processes and contribute directly to architectural, process, and development decisions.
Our environment encourages everyone to participate. Our diverse team depends on differing backgrounds and perspectives to foster robust conversations that lead us to the right solutions for our customers. Work-life balance is important to us: your ability to flourish in your personal life directly correlates to your success in your professional life.
We develop our people by providing opportunities to lead. Our leadership team is dedicated to mentoring and coaching to help each individual identify their career goals, flourish, and achieve their potential. We’re committed to the success of our people which naturally leads to the success of our mission.
Our offices are located at the new Culver City Amazon Studios location, situated between Downtown Los Angeles and Santa Monica. Come enjoy the weather that’s always ready for filming. Spend the morning in the mountains, the afternoon on the beach, and the night at a show. As one of the most culturally diverse cities in the world, there’s always a new experience waiting for you.Responsibilities include:
- Design, implement, test, deploy and maintain innovative software solutions to transform service performance, durability, cost, and security.
- Evolve software engineering best practices to ensure a high standard of quality for all team deliverables.
- Write high-quality distributed system software.
- Experience with object-oriented design.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent knowledge and skills and industry experience.
- 1+ years of professional experience developing production systems.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams including communicating with other technical teams, and product management.
- Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.