- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as C++, C#, Java, Python, Golang, PowerShell, Ruby
A bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science (or equivalent).
- 4+ years of experience in building production software applications.
- Software development skills, preferably in Java, Python, C/C++ on Linux environment.
What do we do here? Amazon Web Services (AWS) runs one of the largest networks in the world. We are putting services and algorithms in place to control the traffic flow across the different fabrics of the Amazon network, taking the static and real-time network state into account.
Why now? As we expand the reach of our algorithms, we need to scale and grow our team. We are looking for talented System Development engineer that want to get hands on experience with automating Software Defined Networking (SDN), hyper scale data center networks, cloud infrastructure, large-scale software deployments
How do we operate in our team? We empower our engineers to take ownership of their realm and make a difference. They start by gathering requirements, diving deep to choose technologies, designing features and spinning new services, coding and reviewing, deploying software across the globe and maintaining services. In AWS, we are nimble and agile, like being part of a startup, innovating while collaborating with smart group of people around you. We are thrilled about software and we are changing the landscape of networking. We operate on an unimaginable scale. We push the boundaries in robustness, fault-tolerance and smart adaptive algorithms that can react intelligently to real-world events. Software engineers on our team contribute to every phase of the development process and deploy scalable software systems worldwide.
What will you be doing here?
- Developing DevOps and Automation tasks for Test infrastructure, Fleet Management, Operational and Continuous Integration/Deployment tasks for highly scalable, intelligent SDN services.
- Working with management, customers and development team to develop state of the art solutions, incorporating new technologies and innovations.
Who are we? We are a highly motivated team of software developers, System development engineers, Network development engineers who thrive on solving challenging problems and building large-scale distributed software systems.
Who are we looking for? Smart, talented engineers. Having networking background up front is not required. Join us if you like working hard, having fun and making history. We do just that.
Have more questions? Talk to us! We'll be happy to setup an info call to give you more context and details about the job.
- Experience in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
- Experience with distributed algorithms, SOA, enterprise-wide systems and asynchronous messaging.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.