Recyclops is deeply committed to building a workplace where inclusion is not only valued but celebrated. We offer a competitive salary with paid holidays and unlimited PTO.
- Customer, partner, and employee happiness
- Environmental consciousness
We are looking for candidates who not only foster inclusion but also continue to help build out incredible culture. Candidates must possess reliable internet, and supply their own computer or laptop.
This position will oversee the development of mobile applications used by Recyclops drivers and customers. They will play a primary role in selecting the technologies used, and will help build a team of engineers that have the skills and experience to build delightful and scalable applications. In this position they will work with product managers and other engineers to develop mobile applications that are secure, scalable, and stable.
- BS degree in computer science, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years experience developing mobile applications for Android and iOS users
- 5+ years experience with ReactNative, Expo
- 5+ years building consumer-facing client apps with either ReactJS, React Native, and/or the native mobile SDKs
- 4+ years of experience shipping and maintaining software at scale (ideally millions of users), as part of a team
- Experience leading a team of engineers with a successful track record of deploying mobile applications at scale
- Production experience designing and writing unit, integration, and automated functional tests
- Experience working in Agile team environments, building and maintaining commercial software
- Experience in design and implementation of Mobile and Web Architecture with domain knowledge in Android, iOS and Web Development platforms.
- Experience as a Solution Architect with strong knowledge of and expertise in mobile solution delivery.
- Strong knowledge of Android UI and iOS design principles, patterns, and best practices.
- Experience in developing and integrating with SDKs
- Experience working with remote data via REST and JSON
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Android Tech Preferable Skills
- Java, Kotlin (OOP)
- Android SDK, different versions of Android
- MVC architecture, Design patterns, Memory management
- Security framework
- Experience in Android Studio IDE
- Understanding of Google’s Android design principles and interface guidelines
- Experience in Android development, including non-UI components
- iOS Tech Preferable Skills
- Swift programming language (OOP)
- Objective C (MVC architecture, Design patterns, Memory management)
- CocoaPods / Swift Package Manager / Carthage
- Dynamic framework development
- Security framework
- Core data framework
- Experience in XCode IDE
- Previous experience working at a high growth technology startup
- Ability to put your DevOps hat on and troubleshoot issues
- Ability and desire to wear multiple hats in order to get the job done
- Experience building service-oriented APIs and cloud services in Node.js against AWS
- Experience building and maintaining CI/CD pipeline infrastructure for mobile apps
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Customer obsessed, with a nagging impulse to wow the customer with delightful technology
- Ability to foresee problems early and find creative solutions
- Ability to communicate clearly
- You’re user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative — these traits equal success at Recyclops and influence everything we do
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing.
- Communicating with others to exchange information.
- Repeating motions that may include the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Reaching, pulling, grasping, and feeling that may include upper and lower extremities.
- Light work includes moving objects up to 15 pounds.
- Visual acuity is required to perform activities that may include preparing and analyzing data, viewing a computer screen, extensive reading, determining the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of work assigned.
- Work is performed primarily remotely. Work location could change to meet business needs. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet in office settings and moderate in other situations.
- Travel for business purposes as needed and required.
Colorado Residents: This remote role can be performed anywhere in the US. Recyclops is required by Colorado law to include the salary range for this role when possibly hiring a Colorado resident. The salary range for this position specific to Colorado is $100,000-$140,000 annually, however pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, certifications, and experience. Full-time, qualified candidates will also be offered an employee stock option and Paid Time Off. Base pay information is based on market location. Recyclops reserves the right to amend or modify employee perks and benefits at any time.
Recyclops is deeply committed to building a workplace where inclusion is not only valued but celebrated. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, family status, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, neurodiversity, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other non-merit based or legally protected grounds.