OPENTEXT - THE INFORMATION COMPANY
As the Information Company, our mission at OpenText is to create software solutions and deliver services that redefine the future of digital. Be part of a winning team that leads the way in Enterprise Information Management
Zix | AppRiver is looking for an
to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for building, testing, and integrating distributed enterprise software for publicly available cloud-based management
systems. You will also be contributing to and maintaining private cloud-based software for email threat protection, encryption, and archiving. As a Senior Developer
you will work as part of a project team and may interact with the business
, Architects, Product
Owners, and other developers on the team to define the ideal architectural approach. The Senior Developer
collaborates with the team in the design
of components, and will participate fully in the software development
lifecycle. This position provides expertise to project teams through all phases, including post-deployment support. We’re looking for someone with excellent communication skills and to the ability to work well on a team.
What you will be doing:
- Perform in a mentor role on an Agile, self-managed, self-organized, diverse team
- Give technical direction to less experienced team members
- Lead high-level design discussions
- Participate as a programming pair in an Agile environment strong focus on automated testing
- Gain exposure to many Cutting-Edge Technologies
- Identify opportunities and implement processes to improve team productivity
- Participate in designing, coding, testing, debugging, configuring, and documenting software
- Diagnose and resolve software problems in all environments
What does success look like in this role?
Our Development team culture is focused on Agile
, collaborative teams figuring out new ways to solve problems and gain adoption on team initiatives within the organization. Success for an individual on a Development team is truly measured by the success of the team. We are responsible for our moving our products into production and then our response to feedback and continuous improvement of those products.
We have a one-team focus here, and our DevOps and QA
teams are embedded within the Development teams across the organization. Learning and mentorship are significant to this role. Zix|AppRiver is a learning-focused organization with opportunities for internal development through our “Tech Friday’s” program in Development. We also partner with LinkedIn Learning for external training opportunities and have a wonderful professional development program that offers financial assistance for other external growth opportunities you may be interested in throughout your career.
This role is open to remote candidates and offers a flexible work schedule.
Experience and Skills we are Looking For:
- Strong Object-Oriented design skills
- Personal and professional integrity
- Strong debugging, analytical and problem-solving skills
- 3+ years of C#/.Net, Java, C++, or a comparable OO language
- Comfort with Software Development Life Cycles, Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration, and Continuous Delivery.
- College degree (BS or MS) in computer related major or equivalent experience
We’d Love to Hear from You If You Have:
- Solid understanding and experience working with high availability, high performance, multi-data center systems
- Experience developing multithreaded, scalable, high-performance applications and services
- Experience with cloud-based software systems
- Experience developing with .NET or .NET Core frameworks
- Experience converting legacy ASP.NET Web Form applications with ASP.NET Core
- Experience with Angular, React, Redux, and/or other frontend frameworks
- Experience with Service Bus Architectures and Enterprise Caching
- Experience developing service-oriented architectures (SOA) using WCF, SOAP, or REST, technologies
- Experience with Microsoft Azure or AWS
- Experience with CI/CD Pipelines publishing Docker containers to Kubernetes clusters
- Experience with MongoDB, Elasticsearch, SQL Server, or Redis
- Experienced in one or more automation frameworks (such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible) with 1 or more years of experience.
- Experience with DNS, SMTP, MIME, and other messaging related Internet Standards
While OpenText is an Equal Opportunity Employer, our efforts to build an inclusive work environment go beyond simply complying with applicable laws. Our Employment Equity and Diversity Policy provides direction on maintaining a working environment that is inclusive of everyone, regardless of culture, national origin, race, color, gender, gender identification, sexual orientation, family status, age, veteran
status, disability, religion, or other basis protected by applicable laws. Should you require accommodations during the selection process, please contact [email protected]