What you'll do...
Senior Software Engineer
Walmart Global Tech - Sam's Club - Dallas, TX
At Sam's club, we are looking for
a full stack react native developer with experience building services using Java and Spring Boot
to help maintain the existing mobile applications and to guide development of the next generation tools. The right individual for this role must be capable of building applications in Java
, using modern architectures with hands on knowledge in Front End
, React JS
, Spring Boot, Spring React
), and Cloud Based Technologies (Azure
- Working with the architects and development lead, documents and develops best practices for development, and deployment of applications, and works with members to foster growth within the team.
- Build app and UI components from prototypes and wireframes
- Use Native APIs for tight integrations with both platforms - Android and iOS
- Write automated tests to ensure error-free code and performance
- Improve front-end performance by eliminating performance bottlenecks
- Create front-end modules with maximum code reusability and efficiency
- Predicts application development requirements based on changes in underlying architecture
- Either individually or leading a team of resources, determines hardware/software systems requirements and leads systems hardware/software design. Analyzes, designs, programs, debugs, supports, and modifies software enhancements and/or new products used in local, networked, or Internet-related computer programs.
- Partners with the IT Architect during the initial stages of the project/solution to ensure the accuracy of business cases and that the solution will meet the business need.
- Completes documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance. May interact with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications.
Additional Preferred Requirements:
- Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor of Science and 8 years' experience in software engineering OR Master of Science and 5years' experience in software engineering
- 5+ years of development experience, ideally in a team lead role
- Significant experience working with React web and mobile along with tools like Flux, Flow, Redux, etc.
- Strong knowledge of React fundamentals such as Virtual DOM, component lifecycle, and component state
- Well-versed in a variety of React Native software and technologies such as Jest, Enzyme, ESLint
- High level skills in Java, using the latest SDKs and tools and frameworks such as Spring boot, Spring test, spring security
- Ability to develop functional, technical and user interface designs for an application that meets the defined requirements (business, system performance and standards)
- Demonstrates deep expertise in specific coding concepts and/or languages, especially around modern application architectures.
- Experience partnering with others to solve problems quickly and efficiently
- Ability to lead in a fast-paced and agile development environment
- Excellent analytical, design, decision making and communication skills
Benefits & Perks:
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with public cloud platforms like Azure or Google
- Previous experience working with a distributed team
- Contributions to open-source projects
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions - while being inclusive of all people.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science
and 3 years' experience in software engineering
or related field OR 5 years' experience in software
or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master's degree in Computer Science
or related field and 2 years' experience in software engineering
or related field
603 MUNGER AVE STE 400, DALLAS, TX 75202, United States of America