At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow’s transportation.
Crafting the future of inquisitive mobility requires the highly intelligent use of data, metrics and analytics. That’s where you can make an impact as part of our Global Data Insight & Analytics (GDI&A) team. We are the trusted advisers that enable Ford to clearly see business conditions, customer needs and the competitive landscape. With our support, key decision makers can act in meaningful, positive ways. Join us and use your data expertise and analytical skills to drive evidence-based, timely decision making. What you’ll be able to do:
The Data Engineer works with internal and external data applications to enable analytical skill teams (Purchasing, Supply Chain, Material Planning & Logistics, and Product Development) to answer key questions pertaining to the business. The role will be responsible for discovering, curating, and managing data sources within the context of GDI&A. This includes:
Minimum requirements we seek:
- Crafting data standards.
- Making data security recommendations.
- Assessing data quality.
- Performing required transformations.
- Collaborating with IT teams to support data collection, integration, and retention requirements.
- Acting as the data steward to ensure that data used by GDI&A adheres to compliance, access management, and control policies.
- Providing ongoing tracking and monitoring of decision systems and statistical models.
- Tackle client data and analytics problems while presenting results and methodologies.
- Performing experimental design approaches to validating findings or testing hypothesis which provide business value.
- Working multi-functionally with the business and analytical skill teams to handle data and projects.
- Crafting data products that combine various internal data sources enabling more efficient consumption of data.
Our preferred requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Data Science or related field, or a combination of education and equivalent experience.
- 3+ years’ experience with ETL (Preferably Informatica).
- 2+ years’ experience with Python, SQL, Cloud (preferably GCP).
- 2+ years’ experience with Hadoop.
What you’ll receive in return:
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Data Science or related field, or a combination of education and equivalent experience.
- Strong oral and written communication.
- Professional demeanor and ability to persevere in the face of adversity.
- Experience with MS Office Products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Ability to handle and perform large scale data manipulations.
- Critical thinking skills that demonstrate the ability to use existing and discoverable data to tackle business problems.
- Ability to balance multiple projects within a given timeframe (time leadership skills).
- Experience with Alteryx.
- Experience in R.
- Knowledge of Program Delivery in high volume production environments.
- Knowledge of Automotive production systems and milestone timing.
As part of the Ford family, you’ll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You’ll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States permanently. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford's salary and benefits, please visit:
At Ford, the health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Vaccination has been proven to play a critical role in combating COVID-19. As a result, Ford has made the decision to require U.S. salaried employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless employees require an accommodation for religious or medical reasons. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious exemption.