At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow’s transportation.
We bring engineering ideas to life. Ford’s Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) team creates innovative solutions to make the driving experience safer, easier, and more enjoyable for our customers. The new ADAS feature development team designs and develops next generation automated features from the early concept development to production launch. We are seeking professionals with a passion for bringing innovative ideas to life who can contribute to our efforts in the development of new features, sensors, ECUs, models and software. This position focuses on data analytics for development and improvement of advanced parking features.
What you’ll be able to do:
- Support sign-off of feature level performance via data exploration and analysis.
- Develop scripts, tools and algorithms to analyze ADAS feature test data.
- Use analytical tools to characterize performance, review vehicle logs, and triage issues.
- Work with feature owner to understand feature requirements and how to assess performance.
- Work closely with feature owner, developers, and suppliers to understand and analyze data files.
- Data mine scenarios to tag and organize stored data, and improve real time logging with automatic event detection and determine important field data in real time.
- Develop dashboards and reports for key feature performance metrics (KPIs).
- Provide insights into customer usage and feature data.
- Share performance analysis and test results with stakeholders.
The minimum requirements we seek:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Computer Science, Mechanical, System Engineering or related field
- 6+ months experience in data analytics, algorithm design, or software development
Our preferred requirements:
- Master’s degree in Electrical, Computer Science, Mechanical, System Engineering or related field
- Experience in ADAS systems or features or software
- Experience working with sensing and perception algorithms in the ADAS domain.
- Experience analyzing large engineering data sets generated from vehicle fleets.
- Experience developing reports and dashboards using Excel, Qlikview, Alteryx, or other modern business intelligence industry standard tools.
- Software engineering or algorithm development experience, Any development time in any language (Python, C, C++, Java, or Matlab m-script).
- Familiarity with CAN networks and tools (Vector tools, Vehicle Spy, ATI Vision, etc.).
- Familiarity with requirements engineering tools (Polarion, DOORS, etc.).
- Initiative, resilience, a strong work ethic and a desire for continuous learning
- Must be skilled at working in large team environments and interfacing with technical experts
What you’ll receive in return:
As part of the Ford family, you will enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You will also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have the determination to help us redefine the future of mobility, we would love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran.
At Ford, the health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Vaccination has been shown to play a significant role in combating COVID-19. As a result, Ford has made the decision to require U.S. salaried employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless employees require an accommodation for religious or medical reasons. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious exemption.