At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow’s transportation.
As a key member of one of our technical teams at Ford, you’ll play an integral part in shaping the future of mobility. If you’re looking for the chance to leverage advanced technology
to redefine the transportation landscape, enhance the customer experience and improve people’s lives, this is the opportunity for you. Join us and challenge your technical expertise and analytical skills to help Ford lead the industry in Automotive Software Solutions.
As a Software Development Engineer
, you will work on a balanced team to deliver projects and features to build amazing software that will transform how customers interact with their vehicle and Ford.
Key responsibilities may include:
- Define, Design, Develop and Deploy applications/services with a cloud-first focus.
- Ensure quality, on-time delivery using agile, test-driven development principles.
- Contribute to development activities utilizing Software Craftsmanship/Clean Code principles, practices, and tools.
- Use DevOps best practices and deploy services using infrastructure-as-code
- Collaborate with a balanced team of developers to deliver projects/features.
- Collaborate with global, cross-functional stakeholders.
- Opportunities in multiple environments (Vehicle, Cloud, Mobile) supporting end-to-end feature delivery.
What you’ll be able to do:
- Work with Product Managers, Product Designers and Anchor Engineers to shape technology direction s
- Work in an environment where you can learn and share knowledge openly
- Maintain a healthy work-life balance
- Excellent communications skills
Master’s degree in Computer Science
, Computer Engineering
or related field OR a combination of education and equivalent experience
- Experience with any of the following: C, Rust, Check, C++, Catch2, Kotlin, Clojure, Junit, Typescript, Jest, Elm, Docker, Kubernetes, Postgres, and Playwright
- Experience in software development methodologies, tools, standards, and procedures for high quality software development such as
o API related technologies such as JSON, REST, Swagger, Postman
, Kanban or XP methodology and practices
o Backlog tools such as Jira or Rally
o REST Web Services developed using Spring or JavaEE Framework
o Experience with frameworks such as React
o Practical experience with API design
standards, patterns, and best practices
o Source code management
tools like git
o Understanding, practicing, and advocating for clean code principles such as test-driven
development (TDD), self-documenting code, continuous refactoring, and Extreme Programming (XP).
o Capable in Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery tools and pipelines such as Jenkins, Maven, Gradle, etc.
o Pivotal Cloud Foundry and the Spring framework
o Experience deploying applications in the public cloud – GCP, AWS
, or Azure
with GCP preferred
What You’ll Receive in Return:
- Critical thinking, decision-making, and leadership aptitudes
- Strong analytical and good inter-personal skills.
- Good organizational and problem-solving abilities
- Willingness to learn
As part of the Ford family, you’ll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO
, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You’ll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we’d love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran
At Ford, the health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Vaccination has been proven to play a critical role in combatting COVID-19
. As a result, Ford has made the decision to require U.S. salaried employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
, unless employees require an accommodation for religious or medical reasons. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19
vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19
vaccination or an approved medical or religious exemption.