The ideal candidate is an experienced engineer, quick learner and excited about learning new technologies. In this role you will have the opportunity to apply your skills to develop robust, scalable and distributed software. They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the needs of multiple teams, systems and products.
- Write and maintain solid, robust, efficient and maintainable code using best of breed languages, frameworks, and tools, including Kotlin, AWS and ReactJS.
- Build, optimize, and manage ad solution Platform for the enterprise level on AWS at a very large scale.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to gather and build requirements.
- Lead code reviews & documentation as well as take on complex bug fixes, especially on high-risk problems.
- Support end-to-end systems integration and functional validation of various components.
- Assist in troubleshooting any production issues.
- Work with external Solution vendors to integrate and test the ad solution platform.
- Work with data engineers, data and analytics experts, and data scientists to build and support personalized ad solutions.
- Support development of Proof of Concept for new product ideas on advertising solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science Engineering, or a related technical degree.
- 8+ years of relevant software experience building large-scale, highly available low-latency backend services.
- Strong software engineering experience in Kotlin, or equivalent with high proficiency in object oriented design principles.
- Experience with functional programming and test-driven development.
- Experience with AWS products and services (EC2, ECS, S3, Lambda, DynamoDB, ElastiCache, CloudFront, MediaConvert, etc.)
- Experience with building event-driven applications using Apache Kafka, AWS Kinesis, or similar.
- In-depth experience working on relational and/or NoSQL databases.
- Ability to quickly ramp up on new domains and technologies.
- Knowledge of video streaming systems and dynamic ad insertion architectures.
- Implement data ingestion pipeline using data-lake best practices to build metrics dashboard UI on real time data.
- Quality-first mindset with focus on test automation and CI/CD pipelines.
- Passionate about automated testing, code quality and engineering best practices.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment and have excellent communication skills.
- High proficiency with Kotlin.
- Experience with building UI applications using React/Angular, NodeJS and build tooling.
- Experience in container technologies like Docker/Kubernetes.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $50.00 - $65.00 per hour
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Denver, CO: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- React/Angular: 3 years (Preferred)
- Kotlin: 3 years (Required)
- NodeJS: 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location