Vertex It Service is looking for a talented and experienced Sr. QA Automation Engineer (Karate).
As Sr. QA Automation Engineer (Karate)
you will be responsible building and maintaining Karate automation framework. The candidate will also be helping us port existing test cases into the new Karate framework.Job Responsibilities:
Job Skills/Qualification Requirements:
- Display a strong understanding of Agile QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Apply Quality Engineering principles throughout the Agile lifecycle
- Lead and drive "Quality as a Team Mindset" within the team
- Acquire domain knowledge and product expertise
- Partner closely with the team to decompose stories/business requirements into test cases that clearly articulate test objectives, steps and expected results
- Estimate, prioritize, plan, perform and document test execution results
- Participate in and conduct regular test case peer reviews and automation code reviews
- Build, test, deploy, monitor and maintain effective test automation solutions
- Report, track and resolve defects prior to release
- Execute all levels of testing (System, Integration, and Regression)
- Framework Creation or Modifying existing Framework
- Develop and maintain a regression testing strategy for supported applications
- Develop and maintain test automation frameworks
- Lead automation strategies/solutions within team and across discipline
- Evaluate and propose use of new tools for continuous improvement and to drive automation strategies forward
- Mentor others in test automation and QA best practices
- Be a team player with strong communication and collaboration skills
- BS/MS in Information Technology, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field or equivalent work experience
- Must have 8-10 years of experience of developing Automation Frameworks.
- Must have 6+ years of (QE) Quality Engineering test automation experience in developing Automation Scripts using Selenium, TestNg and Junit , AutoIT, Grid & Webdriver, xPath utilities, custom reports, trend analysis, file difference / compare tools
- Should have Strong experience with POM and with BDD test automation frameworks using Cucumber-JVM and Gherkin best practices.
- Should have experience with API testing frameworks primarily on Karate DSL and Rest Assured from Scratch multiple times.
- Experience with integrating code coverage and test coverage with tools like Jacoco and SonarQube
- Experience in custom reporting extensions especially Report Portal and Extent Report
- Mocking or virtualization techniques via Karate DSL or any other open source integration tools.
- Ability to participate in all phases of software engineering projects from initial requirements to final implementation, including strategy, maintaining framework, performing functional testing, development, quality assurance, and deployment.
- Excellent experience in various testing types such as Functional Testing, Black Box Testing, Smoke Testing, Integration Testing, User Interface Testing, Regression Testing, Database Testing, and API Testing.
- Experience of Setting up CI/CD pipelines in Gitlab
- Experience in using tools like Splunk, DataDog, ElasticSearch
- Should have Full Stack Test Development Experience
- Should have experience of Framework Creation or Modifying existing Framework
- Ability to look at existing test suites and quickly revamp it to suit industry standards
- Effective leadership and collaboration inside and beyond the team.
- Leadership experience of testing and professional software development processes, in an agile environment
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $55.00 - $60.00 per hour
Work Location: One location