Our teams build APIs and Digital capabilities that support Fidelity’s large scale digital presence. You will help us craft and develop re-usable APIs that focus on customer experience needs and optimize quality and deployment practices. You’ll contribute to the entire development lifecycle from concept to deployment as a member of an agile, multi-functional team.
You will have the opportunity to share your technical knowledge to help strengthen our engineering community and further pursue your own learning of new technologies and platforms. We're looking for software engineers that enjoy a collaborative environment and have a passion for releasing high quality software through iterative software development practices.
- You have a passion for technology and can navigate your way across sophisticated and rapidly-changing landscapes by staying on top of latest trends and thrive by sharing knowledge.
- Are a creator, a doer, and a disruptor who will help us tackle real-life problems and meet real customer needs. You’ll be helping us build things, taking an idea, and crafting rapid prototypes that are shippable and learn from real-life feedback.
- Are comfortable to be a self-starter, who actively challenges status-quo, is curious and not afraid to ask “Why” and “What if”?
- Care about cycle time and use CI/CD practices, tools to rapidly deploy changes to customers while minimizing risk using practices like A/B tests, blue-green deployments, and feature toggles
- Design and architect sophisticated solutions on a platform dedicated to high scale processing of large amounts of data
- Mentor and direct team members on technology and specific design; Own issues and provide end-to-end solutions
- Collaborate with business and technology stakeholders to define and deliver our next generation ecosystem.
- Partner with various Chapters & Tribes to assist on moving towards a completely automated testing and deployment.
- Continuously evaluate and prototype new technologies within developer & test community to understand business value and feasibility.
- Help the organization into moving towards a engineering product model based team structure.
- Digital mindset, and fluent across technology components including API Services development and consumption using modern frameworks and open source technologies.
- Have strong communication skills and technical expertise to drive and participate in meaningful discussions.
- 8+ years of hands on software development experience in Java Web services and API solutions.
- Leadership & Strong execution skills in a fast-paced environment using agile methodologies.
- Capability to support critical customer facing platforms and applications.
- Expertise in open source streaming products, Micro services and Message Oriented Middleware, Stream processing, Master Data Management.
- Deep understanding of API design, including versioning, isolation and micro-services.
- Experience in documenting APIs leveraging an API documentation framework (Swagger)
- Experience in state-of-the-art tools and methods to enable efficiency, performance and agility through automating DevOps processes, continuous integration and delivery pipelines (Maven, Jenkins, Stash, Ansible, Docker).
- Solid understanding of developing highly scalable distributed systems using Open source technologies.
- Knowledge of public and private cloud capabilities including compute, storage, database and analytics
- Solid understanding of testing frameworks like Junit, Mockito, Spring Test.
- Knowledge of web application development using JSP, HTML, CSS/SASS, JQuery, Angular and NodeJS.
- Knowledge of relational and NoSQL database management systems.
- Engaging in working with global team of developers in leading best practices for software engineering.
- Strong teammate with excellent collaboration skills.
Fidelity Investments is a privately held company with a mission to strengthen the financial well-being of our clients.
We help people invest and plan for their future. We assist companies and non-profit organizations in delivering benefits to their employees. And we provide institutions and independent advisors with investment and technology solutions to help invest their own clients’ money.
At Fidelity, you’ll find endless opportunities to build a meaningful career that positively impacts peoples’ lives, including yours. You can take advantage of flexible benefits that support you through every stage of your career, empowering you to thrive at work and at home. Honored with a Glassdoor Employees’ Choice Award, we have been recognized by our employees as a Best Place to Work in 2022. And you don’t need a finance background to succeed at Fidelity—we offer a range of opportunities for learning so you can build the career you’ve always imagined.
As a result of COVID-19, many of our associates are continuing to work remotely. When Fidelity employees eventually return to the office, our goal is for most people to work flexibly in a way that balances both personal and business needs with time onsite and offsite through what we’re calling “Dynamic Working.”
We invite you to Find Your Fidelity
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.
Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, contact the HR Leave of Absence/Accommodation Team by sending an email to accommodations @fmr.com, or by calling 800-835-5099
, prompt 2, option 3.