Raytheon Intelligence & Space (RI&S) is growing!
We are pursuing top talent to join the Raytheon team and support our vision to be “One global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place”. Join us! Together, we will support critical missions, develop solutions, and shape products of the future.
Explore RI&S: Raytheon Intelligence & Space
Our Advanced Electro-Optical and Mission Systems Department has an immediate opportunity for a Principal Electro-Optical Systems Engineer
with experience in EO system environmental qualification
. You will join a design team building electro-optical systems, including imagers, passive/active EO trackers, LIDAR, and directed energy systems. This career growth opportunity requires a self-starter with strong analytical and problem-solving skills as well as demonstrated capability in the design, integration, and test of complex engineering systems.Main tasks include:
- Leading EO system environmental qualification test planning, and test support equipment specifications
- Leading EO system test procedures development
- Minimum 8 years of experience in a related engineering environment (optical engineering, electrical engineering, applied physics, etc.) to include experience with electro-optical systems (e.g., design, modeling/simulation, analysis, assembly, integration, and/or test); requires demonstrated analytical, problem solving, organization, coordination, and planning skills.
- Experience analyzing sensor requirements in the development of qualification test plans and procedures.
- Familiarity with systems verification and test activities; experience analyzing EO systems test results. Requires prior experience with environmental qualification test planning and procedures, including EMI, temperature/altitude, vibe, etc.
- Experience with root cause and corrective analysis (RCCA) for EO system.
- Experience leading small, multi-discipline engineering teams, including experience establishing and maintaining strong collaboration / teaming across all levels of the organization, with multi-disciplined teams, vendors, and customer SMEs.
- Strong technical writing, oral/presentation and communication skills.
- Willingness to travel periodically in support of offsite testing, as well as customer and subcontractor meetings.
Must have an active and in-scope DoD Secret U.S. security clearance.
- Experience with troubleshooting during electronics and/or software verification and validation
- Experience with EO systems simulation and modeling
- Experience with getting flight certifications (military or commercial)
- Experience with Agile management
Bachelor's Degree in a related STEM field, such as EE, ME, Math, Physics, Optics, etc.
Master’s Degree in a related field is preferred.
Raytheon Technologies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.