The Aerospace Corporation is the trusted partner to the nation’s space programs, solving the hardest problems and providing unmatched technical expertise. As the operator of a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC), we are broadly engaged across all aspects of space— delivering innovative solutions that span satellite, launch, ground, and cyber systems for defense, civil and commercial customers. When you join our team, you’ll be part of a special collection of problem solvers, thought leaders, and innovators. Join us and take your place in space.
At Aerospace, we are committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace for all employees to share in our common passion and aspiration – to carry out a mission much bigger than ourselves.
The Systems Engineering Division (SED) provides unmatched experience in systems engineering to the U.S. government and to numerous public and private agencies, universities, nonprofit organizations, consortia, and commercial companies involved in the advanced application of space technology. From systems architecture development to system analysis and optimization, astrodynamics, orbital debris, navigation, failure analysis, mission assurance, cost and schedule assessment, and economic market analysis, SED exploits an incredibly broad array of engineering and business disciplines against a diverse and dynamic portfolio of programs and national challenges.
As a Sr. Business and Market Analyst of the Economic and Market Analysis Center (EMAC), you provide strategy, business, and economic advice to senior Aerospace, USG customers, and possibly contractor leadership. Primary customers include the United States Space Force (USSF), National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI), and Intelligence Community (IC) Agencies. A key role is enabling high performance teams, who deliver acquisition and systems engineering planning, to integrate business and market intelligence into their acquisition processes and strategic program planning.What You’ll Be Doing
What You Need to be Successful
- Spearhead development of business intelligence analysis, tools, and products for government customers.
- Projects may include building and streamlining economic, market, business, and financial analysis tools, developing products to rapidly identify, and disseminate “alerts” of significant business events to US Government leadership responsible for acquiring current and future systems.
- The most critical leadership competencies for this role are People, Innovation, and Accountability. Building relationships with customers and team members is critical to matching team strength to high value customer needs, and work effectively with all levels of customers, co-workers, and contractors. Innovation for creating diverse solutions or significantly reshaping existing solutions taking into consideration business, market, and economic factors. Accountability talent is critical for successful team management and successful application of acquisition principals to benefit the government customer.
- The Sr. Business and Market Analyst reports directly to the Director of EMAC, and works closely with integrated EMAC teams, supplemented with technical subject matter support as needed.
How You Can Stand Out
- BA degree in business, finance, market research with some exposure to engineering, mathematics, physical sciences
- Minimum of 8 years applicable experience working with Wall Street or defense and national security space industry stakeholders, or commercial satellite service providers
- Demonstrated strengths in several of the following: technology forecasting and road-mapping, financial and market analysis, econometrics, business case or business plan analysis, and industrial base/benchmarking analysis
- Demonstrated experience in formulation of business assessment task planning, working in cross-functional or cross-organizational teams (USG, FFRDC, contractor), issue resolution, and orchestrating task balance across a team
- Strong interpersonal, communication skills (written and oral), leadership and problem-solving abilities as well as the ability to present to senior management
- Demonstrated experience presenting and writing technical information
- Ability to be flexible, adaptable, and able to manage multiple simultaneous tasks, including occasional business travel
- This position requires a TS/SSBI/SCI security clearance or the ability to get one, which is issued by the US government. U.S citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
It would be impressive if you have one or more of these:
Ways We Reward Our Employees
- Familiarity with companies supporting aerospace/defense industrial base
- Experience in a commercial satellite service organization, especially related to business development, market research, or raising capital financing
- An advanced degree in a related field or equivalent experience/certification
- Familiarity with Aerospace Corporation’s customers and working in a classified environment
- Current SSBI
During your interview process, our team will provide details of our industry-leading benefits.
Benefits vary and are applicable based on Job Type. A few highlights include:
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans
- Paid holidays, sick time, and vacation
- Standard and alternate work schedules, including telework options
- 401(k) Plan — Employees receive a total company-paid benefit of 8%, 10%, or 12% of eligible compensation based on years of service and matching contributions; employees are immediately eligible and vested in the plan upon hire
- Flexible spending accounts
- Variable pay program for exceptional contributions
- Relocation assistance
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career
- Education assistance programs
- An inclusive work environment built on teamwork, flexibility, and respect
We are all unique, from diverse backgrounds and all walks of life, yet one thing bonds all of us to each other—the belief that we can make a difference. This core belief empowers us to do our best work at The Aerospace Corporation.Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you’re an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432
or by email at [email protected]
. You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .