Come join the “A” team and build the future at Bose
We are seeking a DevOps engineer to be an integral part of our Cloud Platform team that will enable exciting new features for our consumer audio products. Bose is transforming the way audio devices interact with the Cloud, creating new experiences for connecting people to what they love the most, whether you are in-the-home or on-the-go. We are imagining new data-driven experiences, crafting new services, building software architecture and infrastructure, and scaling our solutions to serve millions of customers. Join us to invent and build our cloud platform for the 21st century and power the next wave of innovation at Bose.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
As a DevOps engineer, you will focus on automation and optimization of the software development lifecycle and supporting processes for deployed microservice. The ideal candidate has extensive DevOps knowledge and has previously managed modern cloud, and has deep experience in multiple languages, software development processes, and microservices architectures in a fast-paced, agile environment.
Responsibilities for this job include:
- Maintain extant continuous delivery pipeline that supports deployment of mission-critical cloud services for Bose's connected products
- Build an efficient, adaptable next-gen continuous delivery pipeline to fully automate the deployment of the highly-available cloud services
- Drive innovation by assessing, piloting, building DevOps/Cloud tooling and services to improve overall developer experience and efficiency
- Select and deploy open-source tools, and build custom tools for deployment, monitoring, and operations.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in our development, test, and production environments.
- Work with platform architects on software and system optimizations, helping to identify and remove potential performance bottlenecks
- Stay up-to-date on relevant technologies, plug into user groups, understand trends and opportunities to ensure we are using the best possible techniques and tools
- Create self-service capabilities for developers to write and manage microservices in the cloud
- Automate provisioning and monitoring of a global deployment of microservices
- Configure and administer our API developer portal and API gateway
- Deep understanding of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery principles and practice
- Experience with automated configuration management, continuous integration, and release engineering tools
- Experience with Kubernetes or similar container orchestration.
- Extensive experience provisioning, operating, and managing environments with a public cloud provider, AWS certification highly desired
- 5 or more years working in DevOps, software development, or network management
- Experience with microservices development (Python, Go, and/or Ruby) and operational maintenance
- Understanding of Agile and other development processes and methodologies
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or equivalent
What you can expect at Bose
- Working with wicked smart, super cool people in a campus-like atmosphere
- Working on leading-edge technologies in cloud micro-services, big data, and IoT
- Competitive salary, benefits, and retirement plan
- Easy commute right off Mass Pike
- A culture of excellence, respect, opportunity, and passion for innovation
Bose is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics. For additional information, please review: (1) the EEO is the Law Poster (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf); and (2) its Supplements (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm). Please note, the company's pay transparency is available at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/EO13665_PrescribedNondiscriminationPostingLanguage_JRFQA508c.pdf. Bose is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected]
and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.