The NGS Studio is a multi-disciplinary team across TWDC that drives interconnected consumer experiences across immersive new storytelling canvases. Its focus is to connect the physical and digital worlds to unlock unique opportunities for new storytelling and consumer experiences. This team will be helping to define the next 100 years of Disney Storytelling and you have the opportunity to join.
This is a hands-on engineering position developing modern backend applications with Java and Spring. In this role, you will work with a cross-functional team of Product Managers, Designers, Mobile/Web/Backend Engineers, and Content Creators to conceptualize and develop world-class Disney apps. Based on your experience, you will apply technical expertise to manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables and will design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance software solutions. You will architect reusable solutions that are shared across all DMED products. You may lead others to solve complex problems and provide oversight and direction to other software engineers.
- Collaborate with a cross functional team to help set the strategy and goals for NGS Studio
- Work with teams from around Disney to architect, develop and integrate consumer experiences within existing Disney Apps as well as creating new experiences driving engagement and excitement with guests
- Oversee the design of complex technical projects which are typically company-wide initiatives. Oversee multiple products or services conception, design, and initial specifications and help define the technology strategy to be implemented by multiple divisions. Contributes to product and solution designs to address critical and strategic issues and complex problems spanning multiple product groups
- Develop technology strategy in response to company-wide strategy and initiatives in support of the needs of key business segments and stakeholders. Sets technical direction, strategy and drives technology innovation within multiple product segments across the company. Produces technical designs and informs product strategies that anticipate, as best as possible, the needs of the business for years to come
- BS, BA, or advanced degree in computer science, engineering or its equivalent
- Up to 5+ years hands-on professional experience with Backend development
- Experience working a significant consumer product that is currently available
- Comprehensive knowledge of Java, Spring, and Server-Side Technologies
- Ability to collaborate in a small, productive development team as well as the larger engineering organization
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to learn and adapt to new technologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; can effectively articulate complex ideas and influence others through well-reasoned explanations
- Write efficient, reliable, and maintainable code whether implementing architectural improvements, user-facing features, or fixing defects
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues, problems, and errors encountered across our various platforms
- Analyze and optimize application code for efficiency, reliability, and performance
- Understand product architecture, assisting other Software Architects as necessary
- Manage multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Work with minimal technical supervision and supplemental engineering support
- Embrace a highly collaborative team that rewards quality code and effective communication
- Operate as an expert resource to other Software Engineers, providing an open learning environment for cross-team knowledge sharing
- Often regarded as an expert in their field
- Solves unique and complex problems that have a broad impact on the business.
- Contributes to the development of functional strategy
- Leads project teams to achieve milestones and objectives
- Consistently involved in major work efforts of strategic importance, working directly with senior levels, often multidisciplinary in nature
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.