The Walt Disney Company has a rich tradition of creating innovative products and magical experiences for millions of people around the world. Software Engineers are at the heart of that innovation and magic, building platforms, services, tools and infrastructure for an unmatched collection of content and brands such as ESPN, Disney, and ABC.
- Employ a flexible attitude and can work constructively in a diverse team setting
- Are passionate about web development
- Value learning and being exposed to new experiences
- Demonstrate determination in finding solutions to complex puzzles
- Have the curiosity to research and learn new technologies
- Care about bringing people closer to their world
then working at Disney is unlike anything else. We have the latest technology, game-changing ideas, and world-class talent. Come be a part of our team and help us find new ways to interact with users, however and wherever they connect with our brands.
Basic Qualifications :
- Prototype new features and research applicable technologies
- Implement best practices to continually increase performance and scalability
- Review code and pull requests to ensure product and design specifications are met
- Work with product and project management to refine specs and timelines
- Partner with other engineering teams to deliver best solutions
- Mentor and provide feedback to junior engineers
- Collaborate with story tellers and designers across our brands
Required Education :
- Proven understanding of front-end web development technologies and principles
- Experience with task automation (WebPack, Grunt, Gulp) and CSS Preprocessors (Less, Sass)
- Demonstrated ability to research solutions to complex problems
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail
- Driven and self-motivated
- 5+ years relevant industry experience
Additional Information :
- BS Computer Science or related technical discipline or its equivalent
Disney is an equal opportunity employer - Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $117,752 to $157,960 per year, however, base pay offered may vary depending on geographic region, internal equity, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.