SEACORP is seeking a well-qualified Machine Learning Operations Engineer
. Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Job Summary: Machine Learning Operations (ML Ops) is a set of practices that combines Machine Learning and DevOps, which aims to deploy and maintain ML systems in production reliably and efficiently. ML Ops engineers develop a set of tools or practices for versioning, validating (data & model), deploying, scaling, and monitoring ML services. ML Ops engineers may create tools to help prototype/build new models, monitor, or retrain models over their lifespan, as well as decommission models that are obsolete or no longer meet performance requirements. The candidate filling this role may help with creating multiple versions of models, trained, or tuned for specific use cases, hardware requirements, or customers.
The ideal candidate will have experience developing, deploying, monitoring, and managing multiple machine learning products. We are looking for someone who is technically sound as well as someone who is capable of guiding development processes, sharing best practices, and looking to help build a developing AI/ML team. This individual will be independent, self-sufficient and maintain a strong sense of ownership and accountability over their work. They will have high standards of excellence and a drive for continuous learning and improvement as well as an understanding of the importance of prioritization and how to balance competing needs.
Ideal Candidates Will Have:
- Experience in ML model development, orchestration, deployment, monitoring, & support.
- Knowledgeable of current ML technologies and tools.
- Deep understanding of at least one ML Ops training pipeline tool (e.g., MLFlow, ZenML, TFX, etc.).
- Solid understanding of at least one ML Ops provisioning tool (e.g., Terraform, CloudFormation, etc.).
- Solid understanding of at least one ML Ops deployment tool (e.g., Seldon, BentoML, etc.).
- Solid understanding of at least one ML toolkit (e.g., Tensorflow, Pytorch, etc.).
- Experience owning a project from concept to production, including proposal, discussion, and execution.
- Self-motivated and self-managing, with strong organizational skills.
- Strong technical communication skills.
- Experience with containerization (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes, etc.).
Salary Range: Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, Technology, Mathematics, Statistics, a related field, or a suitable combination of education, experience, and training.
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience. In particular, DevOps in a Machine Learning context.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Software Development or Computer Engineering or related field using technologies such as: Python, SQL, and Java.
Groton, CT Travel:
Secret Work Environment & Physical Demands:
Standard Offices and Electronics Assembly & Testing Labs: Sitting, standing, extended periods of time using a mouse and keyboard and viewing computer screens. Infrequent lifting of <40lbs. Movement between points within the same office or between buildings. Work is performed in generally consistent environmental conditions with some seasonality for temperature differences and lighting. In the Laboratory setting, significant use of small hand and electrical tools that require fine motor skills. Infrequent lifting of <40lbs., occasional twisting, bending, stooping, reaching, kneeling and squatting. Some potential exposure to fumes associated with soldering.
Successful candidates will enjoy competitive wages and a very rich benefit program, including:
Undersea, on the surface, or in the air, SEACORP leverages its software and engineering expertise to deliver cutting edge warfare systems.
- Medical Benefits:Choice of two medical insurance programs through Blue Cross & Blue Shield.
- Dental Benefits:A best in class Dental Insurance Plan through Delta Dental.
- Vision Benefits:An excellent Vision Benefit providing discounts and allowances for prescription glasses and contact lenses.
- Retirement Benefits: A qualified 401(k) Retirement Savings Account with a generous employer matching contribution up to 8% of your eligible compensation.
- Life Insurance Benefits:Employer paid Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance equal to your annual salary. Supplemental coverage is available for you and qualified family members as well as Supplemental Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance.
- Additional Benefits: Ten (10) Paid Holidays per year (including 2 floating Holidays), a generous Paid Time Off (PTO) program; Tuition Reimbursement, and Referral Bonuses.
SEACORP is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with all applicable federal, state and local fair employment practices laws. SEACORP strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.