ACV’s mission is to build and enable the most trusted and efficient digital marketplaces for buying and selling used vehicles with transparency and comprehensive data that was previously unimaginable. We are powered by a combination of the world’s best people and the industry’s best technology. At ACV, we are driven by an entrepreneurial spirit and rewarded with a work environment that enables each teammate to impact the company from day one. ACV’s network of brands includes ACV Auctions, ACV Transportation, MAX Digital and ACV Capital within its Marketplace Products as well as True360 and Data Services.
MAX Digital is looking for software engineers to join our agile team. We build complex and compelling web and mobile applications for the automotive industry (specifically for car dealers). We are rebuilding the car buying experience around the consumer, and we're seeing benefits for everyone involved. Join us and spend your days innovating and building products to make that a reality. We're looking for curious, collaborative people who are eager to teach what they already know and who jump at an opportunity to dive into new territory.
Successful members of our team are internally driven to finish assignments, make noise when blocked, and are just as eager to learn new technologies as they are to jump in and solve a problem in legacy code, because to them it's all about the success of the team. Those who succeed on our team take risks to go after big rewards and are not afraid to try new things. What you will do:
As a lead engineer on our Sustained Engineering team, you will be responsible for keeping a consistent and dedicated engineering focus on the version of our products in use by our customers today. We believe that being innovative does not stop when a product launches. Customer happiness is our ultimate measure of success, and the Sustained Engineering team ensures this consistent focus by improving our existing product features as well as being proactive to identify issues being experienced by customers before they are reported.
In this role you will work across our entire stack, both backend and frontend, and lead a team of 1-3 engineers in a player-coach role to support these efforts. This is a great opportunity to help shape and grow a new engineering team from within MAX Digital
What you need:
- Maintain a high level of quality as we continuously iterate on existing product features based on customer feedback. Be a champion for testing, automation and observability in everything we build.
- Identify areas of opportunity, prioritize, and take action to improve the performance and reliability of our production systems and applications.
- Increase observability in our systems using tools like Sentry and New Relic to proactively identify problems, determine impact, and resolve before they are reported by customers
- Work with our Product and Support teams to resolve customer issues with minimal impact to the Feature Engineering teams. Where necessary, develop long term actionable improvements that can be done either by the Sustained Engineering team or coordinated with another team for implementation.
- Improve developer experience through the development of internal tools, improving documentation, and the refactoring of production code for better maintainability.
What we offer:
- 5+ years of experience building and deploying Web applications at scale.
- Ability to work across multiple teams and communicate with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Self-directed and autonomous with a high level of ownership, ability to prioritize against multiple competing priorities with a customer-first attitude.
- Strong and demonstrable focus using automated testing to maintain a high level of confidence through frequent deployments.
- Proficiency debugging cross-browser/cross-platform compatibility issues.
- Comprehensive benefits offerings for benefits eligible Teammates.
- Unique culture that truly values each and every Teammate.
- Career development and future growth opportunities.
At ACV, we are committed to an inclusive culture in which every individual is welcomed and empowered to celebrate their true selves. We achieve this by fostering a work environment of acceptance and understanding that is free from discrimination. ACV is committed to being an equal opportunity employer regardless of sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires reasonable accommodation, please let us know.