As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be part of our Issuer Processing Administrative Services development group working closely with our product partners and developers to build our open systems transactional platform.
- The team's primary focus is building out multiple sets of Open System applications.
- Technical design analysis, implementing secure code scans, identifying and remediating vulnerabilities within applications, and delivering on development projects.
- The team works with .NET, React, and SQL at all three tiers of the application (web, business, data).
- The team establishes close working relationships with our business partners, project managers, quality assurance, architects, as well as management.
- Talented senior developer with passion and experience in building out dynamic applications to join the Administrative Services team. You are a technical leader, have a real passion for using groundbreaking web technologies, and have insight to the latest trends in the software development field.
- 2 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or an Advanced Degree
- Experience with C#, HTML, React, .NET or relevant Microsoft web application technologies
- 3 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or more than 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- Experience with Oracle or SQL Server
- Experience with REST, SOAP, JSON and XML is extremely helpful
- You are a full-stack developer with relevant experience designing and building large scale enterprise applications
- Understanding of Agile software development principles along with experience participating in agile projects
- Ability to lead and self-manage projects and tasks
- Ability, dream and motivation to learn quickly and pick up new skills
- You should possess a keen knowledge and understanding of multi-tiered, scalable web software technologies.
- You are disciplined and interact with technology and business partners at all levels.
- You should be comfortable in a dynamic customer focused environment that continually embraces the latest technologies and techniques.
- Organized and able to prioritize feature work in order to meet necessary deadlines
- Proven teamwork attitude, ready to initiate collaboration and resolve conflicts
This position has a minimum base salary of $85k and a midpoint base salary of $108,400. The base pay may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition, this position is eligible for annual bonus and equity.
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law
Varies upon the needs of the department
This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.