Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
This position will build, operate and maintain the IT systems and infrastructure necessary to enable a highly connected and collaborative workforce that helps power Visa’s business. You will help define success for the central and critical tool for the ongoing support and operation of services that Visa provides. This position will report to the Director of End User Operations and Application Support. Essential Functions:
- Develop, test, and debug new and existing functionality that meets specific requirements
- Identify requirement gaps to maintain a high degree of quality in the solution built and provide configuration options to identify respective pros and cons
- Design and implement software that is simple, intuitive and easy to use that will allow customers to extend and customize the functionality to meet their specific business needs
- Work with internal customers and business analysts for requirement clarifications and solution designing
- Write technical design and build documentation for all aspects of a technical infrastructure
- Research information from existing systems, analyze program and time requirements
- Prepare time estimates and justifications for assigned tasks and provides recommendations to project managers
- Troubleshoot and perform root cause analysis of production issues that arise. Explain technical concepts and provide guidance to junior level staff
- Analyze system log files and recommend changes and enhancements to applications and system configurations
- Perform Service Now upgrades and patches across all environments
- Perform daily promotions of update sets from Dev to QA
- Perform technical release management activities for monthly releases by coordinating, communicating and implementing into production
- Support multiple instances of the platform including Development, QA, Regression and Production
- Participate in project meetings/daily scrums and communicate development status
- Conduct weekly design reviews with federated development teams to ensure ServiceNow Best practices and development standards are met
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
- 8 or more years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor Degree or at least 5 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 2 years of work experience with a PhD
- Strong understanding of ServiceNow Best Practices
- Knowledge maintaining and supporting the ServiceNow platform and ability to troubleshoot and restore the application
- Experience performing promotions of update sets from lower to higher environments
- Experience performing ServiceNow upgrades and patches on multiple environments
- In-depth configuration and development experience across all core ServiceNow models. (Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management, Knowledge Management, CMDB, Catalog Request and Service Portal)
- 9 or more years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor Degree or 7 or more relevant years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 or more years of experience with a PhD
- Knowledge working with AngularJS, NodeJS and Glide Stack APIs
- Knowledge working with one or more programming languages C#, Java is a plus.
- Knowledge of APIs, web services and standard relational database concepts required
- Knowledge and experience working with ServiceNow Security features, administering Users, Roles, Groups, ACLs
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to extensively analyze business processes and work flow
- Effective communication with customers, system administrators, team members and management and use sound judgment when considering enterprise impacts of technical decisions
- Good communication skills to work effectively with team members, support personnel, management and customers in geographically dispersed locations and ability to work as part of a team as well as independently.
COLORADO APPLICANTS ONLY: The estimated salary range for a new hire into this position in Colorado is 124,200 to161,500 USD. Salary may vary depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position is eligible for annual bonus and equity.
Visa has a comprehensive benefits package for which this position is eligible that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401 (k), FSA/HSA, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, and Wellness Program.
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law. Work Hours:
Varies upon the needs of the department. Travel Requirements:
This position requires travel 5-10% of the time. Mental/Physical Requirements:
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.