Awesome Job: Senior Software Engineer – Backend TechnologiesCULTURE
Great Location: West Hollywood, CA OR Scottsdale, AZ
We’re fans who help fans everywhere get into the live events they love. A proud division of Live Nation Entertainment, Ticketmaster has changed the way the world connects with their favourite artists, teams, and shows, and we continue to shape innovation every day. We’re not just selling tickets (though we do that better than anyone else), we’re enriching lives one amazing experience at a time. And we think that’s pretty amazing. If you’re passionate about the magic of live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
We have a ‘Fan First’ mindset, placing customers at the heart of everything we do. Whether working behind the scenes or engaging directly with the ‘Fan’ you will be part of a culture that supports and enriches the fan experience. Your work, our passion… delivering world class experiences – Fan First.THE TEAM
At Ticketmaster, we are the team that is responsible for our customer's account systems and post-purchase experience, providing high volume, low latency authentication systems and feature-rich, highly reliable ticket, order, resale management systems for the fan facing experience. Being part of this team, The successful candidate will be an integral member of the system that supports millions of fans and clients every day.
A career at Ticketmaster will challenge and engage you. The pace here is fast, the atmosphere is fun and a passion for live events is a common thread that ties us together. As a global and growing business, we can truly offer a world of opportunities to expand your skills and develop your career. Visit any of our offices and you'll find a diverse mix of passionate employees, helping fans around the globe connect with the artists, teams, and events they love. It truly is a unique and rewarding environment.THE JOB
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer who is independent, fast-learning, self-starter and provides technical leadership and mentoring to engineers within the team. The role will be responsible for translating business objectives into technical solutions and there by building, delivering and maintaining the products.
The role will be challenged to envision the technical aspects and solutions for the future landscape of globalizing the products. This role is a great opportunity to grow your technical/leadership skills and deliver highly impactful products that help millions of fans to experience live events.WHAT THIS ROLE WILL DO
- Participate in development work across globally distributed software teams.
- Ensure applicability of global applications to global markets.
- Ability to organize, prioritize; multitask
- Connect with a series of stakeholders in order to gather as much information as possible regarding the problem at hand and provide technical recommendations and sizing.
- Objectively explore multiple approaches and recommend the best technical direction including logic and reasoning.
- Meaningful participation in web, native app and service layer architecture design.
- Spike and prototype.
- Write exemplary code.
- Own the full development and deployment cycle for your software.
- Encourage and mentor Junior Engineers in their craft.
- Debug and triage production application issues, often not your own.
- Automate testing, deployments, performance, and recovery.
- 7+ years of strong experience in designing, building, deploying, operating, scaling of distributed applications and services.
- Programming experience in developing applications using Java, Spring, Spring boot.
- Good Knowledge and understanding of Object-Oriented Design patterns, principles and computer science fundamentals in data structures and algorithms.
- Expert in building microservices, and RESTful APIs.
- Strong experience in troubleshooting, debugging, fixing issues, and finding possibilities to automate routine tasks.
- Experience in a cloud-native stack; cloud services (e.g. AWS), containerized compute (e.g. Kubernetes), infrastructure-as-code (e.g. Terraform), and CI/CD (e.g. GitLab).
- Professional experience and understanding of relational and non-relational databases.
- Understanding and experience in streaming data technologies (e.g. Kafka).
- Experience in creating testing harness/infrastructure/test cases/Automation geared towards ensuring the quality of the product using testing frameworks like Junit, TestNG, Mockito, WireMock, Jest.
- Experience with modern DevOps tools and workflows such as Docker, Prometheus, Grafana, Jira, or equivalents.
- Exhibits outstanding communication, collaboration, time management, mentorship, and working independently or with a team seamlessly
- Familiarity with one or more scripting languages such as Python, Ruby, Perl or Bash.
- Experience in evaluating technical feasibility of a project, work breakdown and providing estimates on effort and risk.
- Autonomous and proactive
- Focus on results and desired outcomes and how best to achieve them
- Can consider multiple approaches and recommends the best technical direction including logic and reasoning
- Can work with minimal supervision
- Can solve complex technical issues through debugging, research, and investigation
- Promote cooperation and commitment within a team to achieve goals and deliverables
- Maintain and fosters relationships within, across, and external to organizational boundaries
- Passionate about technology, software development and transformation
- Desire to continually improve your own skills, and ability to transfer that to the skills of others
Rock Solid Reliability –
Earn the trust of clients, co-workers and fans; Set clear expectations; Deliver high quality work on time and on task; Take the time to do things rightWinning Teamwork –
Collaborate with others; Share information openly; Listen and take time to empathize and understand where others are coming from; Show recognition and appreciation for the contributions of othersAct with Integrity –
Pride in the way we represent ourselves and the company to others; Act with good intentions; Have direct, honest conversations while creating a safe work environment for open dialogue; Represent information and data accurately and completelyBelonging –
We are committed to building a culture in which all people can be their authentic selves, with an equal voice and opportunities to thriveEQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are passionate and committed to our people and go beyond the rhetoric of diversity and inclusion. You will be working in an inclusive environment and be encouraged to bring your whole self to work. We will do all that we can to help you successfully balance your work and homelife. As a growing business we will encourage you to develop your professional and personal aspirations, enjoy new experiences, and learn from the talented people you will be working with. It’s talent that matters to us and we encourage applications from people irrespective of their gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status or caring responsibilities.
Ticketmaster strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of age (40 and over), ancestry, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), family and medical care leave or the denial of family and medical care leave, mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), marital status, domestic partner status, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, military and veteran status, political affiliation, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, race, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, and gender expression, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law, rule, ordinance or regulation.
We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the California Fair Chance Act and consistent with other similar and / or applicable laws in other areas.
We also afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability. For this reason, Ticketmaster will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant consistent with its legal obligations to do so, including reasonable accommodations related to pregnancy in accordance with applicable local, state and / or federal law. As part of its commitment to make reasonable accommodations, Ticketmaster also wishes to participate in a timely, good faith, interactive process with a disabled applicant to determine effective reasonable accommodations, if any, which can be made in response to a request for accommodations. Applicants are invited to identify reasonable accommodations that can be made to assist them to perform the essential functions of the position they seek. Any applicant who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should contact a Human Resources Representative to request the opportunity to participate in a timely interactive process. Ticketmaster will also provide reasonable religious accommodations on a case by case basis.HIRING PRACTICES
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Ticketmaster recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Ticketmaster may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.