Designs, develops and analyzes complicated and difficult software programs for computer based systems.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential functions)
At COLSA, people are our most valuable resource and centered at our core value. We invite you to unite your talents with opportunity and be a part of our “Family of Professionals!” Learn about our employee-centric culture and benefits here.
- Builds Application Programming Interfaces using Node.js or Python
- Designs, develops, tests and implements complicated and difficult software programs *
- Analyzes user’s software program needs and assists in troubleshooting *
- Design and develops software using basic compilers, assemblers, utility programs and operating systems *
- Performs systems modeling, simulation and analysis *
- Advises hardware design engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems
- May provide input for documentation of new or existing program
- Bachelors’ degree in computer science, information systems, engineering, business or other related field or equivalent
- Minimum of 2-8 years related experience
- Working knowledge of non-relational/unstructured, graph or big data database development, design, and architecture
- Working knowledge of graph database technologies (Arango DB preferred)
- Experienced in application development in a Linux environment
- Experience with building scalable and maintainable data intensive applications
- Self-starter and productive working independently or collaboratively
- Ability to learn quickly and contribute ideas that make the team, processes, and solutions better
- Active SECRET clearance with the ability to obtain/maintain a TS/SCI DoD Security clearance
- Experience deploying apps to a cloud environment
- Experience deploying and managing containerized applications: Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Data Science, or another quantitative field
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. COLSA Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.